Data Field: AppBuilder

By user request, this app lets you define your own data field, based on a simple math formula like cadence / 2.

If you want to get fancy, there's conditional expressions (like IF in Excel), functions for data analysis (like MIN and AVG), and the data field can also display the text of your choice. The resulting data can be (optionally) written to the activity FIT file.

With AppBuilder, you can implement almost any field that involves math, such as: calculating normalized power and saving the data to the FIT activity file, showing the average pace for even-numbered laps, or recording the amount of time you sprinted.

Full documentation and examples here:
http://ciq-appbuilder.blogspot.com/

AppBuilder 5:
Now with new features! AppBuilder 5 is a completely new app, so please check it out in the store if you are interested in any of the new features.
https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/fd690281-9c22-4fee-a81e-3b7f39aa67c5

- Store up to four formulas per app. Switch between formulas directly on the watch, without using a phone or PC. With four clone apps, you can store up to 16 formulas total
- User variables. Allows for powerful formulas where information can be stored at one point, like the start of a lap, and used later. e.g. Lap elevation change
- Improved timeavg() options. Allows for simpler, more flexible normalized power function
- More functions and variables

4 clones of AppBuilder are available in the store, so you can have 2 formulas in the same activity
  • Yes, didnt thought about 3rd party sites. Remember that runalyze show second hr field from another data field.

Ive a simple formula that give me interval no that I can show together with hr for instance like this.

if(Lapcount mod 2 eq 0, 0, (Lapcount+1)/2)

• I now found the values that were recorded for the laps. 

But what I still do not understand is why I need to define that I want to record my value to the "total_distance" field when it is later not indicated that this is a distance. All I see is the generic field name "AppBuilder 5 (D)" 

In other words, what is the difference between recordlap() and recordlap() with additional attributes, so e.g. between 

recordlap(getv(lapcount),9);

and

recordlap(getv(lapcount));

• hi,

is it possible to display data of 2 Laps before?

when I do intervals, each high intensity is followed by a recovery. but I like to compare the laptime from the intensive interval before, while doing the next intensive interval.

right now if I use "lastlap(laptime)",

I see the time of the recovery...

• This one show the laptime for the last five even laps:

setv( findeqindex( lapCount, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31, 33, 35, 37) +1, lapTime); setv( 20, round( lapcount/ 2) div 1); record( lapcount mod 2 * 140 ); getv( getv( 20)) + " " + getv( getv( 20) -1) + " " + getv( getv( 20) -2) + " " + getv( getv( 20) -3) + " " + getv( getv(20) -4)

• is it possible to display data of 2 Laps before?

Try this:

setv(lapcount, laptime); getv(lapcount - 2)

• With that example in mind, it should be possible to tweak mine Slight smile

• Good morning, Is there a way to resume the original formula from the code createdi by the validator? Because I Need to modify some formula on app builder 5 and 5+ on my watch but I had lost original formulas on a breaked phone...thank you very much.

• I would be really interested if it is possible to get the laptime of the activity I am racing against from before (Traning -> Race Yourself), so i could compare my first laptime from previous activity to first laptime of current activity, and then second laptime with second laptime of current activity....

• I would be really interested if it is possible to get the laptime of the activity I am racing against from before (Traning -> Race Yourself), so i could compare my first laptime from previous activity to first laptime of current activity, and then second laptime with second laptime of current activity....

Unfortunately that information is not available to Connect IQ apps

• Are there any plans to add epix pro gen2 to the appbuilder 5+?