Data Field: AppBuilder

By user request, this app lets you define your own data field, based on a simple math formula like cadence / 2.

If you want to get fancy, there's conditional expressions (like IF in Excel), functions for data analysis (like MIN and AVG), and the data field can also display the text of your choice. The resulting data can be (optionally) written to the activity FIT file.

With AppBuilder, you can implement almost any field that involves math, such as: calculating normalized power and saving the data to the FIT activity file, showing the average pace for even-numbered laps, or recording the amount of time you sprinted.

Full documentation and examples here:
http://ciq-appbuilder.blogspot.com/

AppBuilder 5:
Now with new features! AppBuilder 5 is a completely new app, so please check it out in the store if you are interested in any of the new features.
https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/fd690281-9c22-4fee-a81e-3b7f39aa67c5

- Store up to four formulas per app. Switch between formulas directly on the watch, without using a phone or PC. With four clone apps, you can store up to 16 formulas total
- User variables. Allows for powerful formulas where information can be stored at one point, like the start of a lap, and used later. e.g. Lap elevation change
- Improved timeavg() options. Allows for simpler, more flexible normalized power function
- More functions and variables

4 clones of AppBuilder are available in the store, so you can have 2 formulas in the same activity
  • Dear FlowState,

I LOVE the AppBuilder DataFields and I don't want to miss it!

Now Garmin has changed my Chronos into a Fenix 6 because they were not able to replace the titanium wristband.

I don't find AppBuilder in Connect IQ for the Fenix 6.

Is it planned to be available? I would really appreciate! Is it big effort to be transfered?

Best regards

• AppBuilder 5 - Latest Update (5.24):

- Add support for new devices, including Fenix 6 family, Venu, and Vivoactive 4.

• G-R-E-A-T ! ! !

Now I can use the AppBuilder DataFields on Fenix 6 !!!

Thank you for this instant implementation!

I'd like to make a small donation for your hard work. Is there any possibility? I can't find any ...

Regards

• Thankyou so much.

Now I've build myself two fields for interval running for my 6x:)

One that show last 5 odd laps max HR. (Store 8 odd laps, but show last 5)

setv( findeqindex( lapCount, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15) +1, lapmax(hr)); setv( 9, round( lapcount/ 2) div 1); getv( getv( 9)) + ":" + getv( getv( 9) -1) + ":" + getv( getv( 9) -2) + ":" + getv( getv( 9) -3) + ":" + getv( getv( 9) -4)

Another that show last 5 odd laps laptimes.

setv( findeqindex( lapCount, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15) +1, lapTime); setv( 9, round( lapcount/ 2) div 1); getv( getv( 9)) + "." + getv( getv( 9) -1) + "." + getv( getv( 9) -2) + "." + getv( getv( 9) -3) + "." + getv( getv( 9) -4)

If someone see something that can be done more efficient, then feel free to comment.

Now I just need to find best data field layout that suits these long text fields.

• Hi there FlowState,

on a EDGE 130 I'd like to display the balance rate in percentage (current left/ right leg balance that is available on a EDGE 530}) the Power2Max Type S power meter delivers and store the data in the fit file to show the graph in GoldenCheetah, is that possible with AppBuilder5?

Thank you for your ideas and best regards,

Hanno

• Hi there FlowState,

.. after digging deeper into the PedalPowerBalance task [my femur fracture is healed but the legs still feel different] .. .. .. on the Connect IQ Developer Homepage I found a class list for Ant+ .. filling the class/var ?? PedalPowerBalance [first try] and Balance [second try] and pedalPowerPercent [third try] and PedalPowerBalance.pedalPowerPercent [fourth try] in the formula field at the AppBuilder5 Settings the data field shows always !Name on the screen .. being not a developer I'm doing this right ?? the custom label name Balance for selected profile 2 is shown in the data field on the screen .. the Quick Profile Select Hotkey is Disabled & the display format is Auto.

.. would it be possible to paste and copy the appropriate file/function from a EDGE 530 ?? [Never worked with Eclipse] 

Thanks for any idea ore help to make the Balance work and best regards,

Hanno

• Hi ! I'm trying to use your app to show me 5s avg power on my edge 530. If i put your formula in the app and setting it to show me only number it continue to show also decimal. I try also add "format" formula in it but result is the same. can you check it? Thank you

• Latest Updates

AppBuilder 5/5+ 5.25:

- Fix crash with DistanceToLapStart activity variable

AppBuilder 5+ 5.25:

- Add support for 245M, 945, MARQ and Edge 530/830

• Good morning , Is AppBuilder 5+ compatibile with F6x pro? Thank you