Watchface: TrekFace2

Background
This is for all Star Trek fans. When I bought my Garmin Fenix 3 HR and know that the face could be customised, I looked high & low for a LCARS face. However, there is none for this model but for other models instead. And the creator of the LCARS watchface is not keen to develop one for the Fenix series. So, that's how it all started...

This is my first foray into Garmin programming. I've met with a lot of challenges but luckily there are many kind & helpful Garmin experts who are always willing share their experiences and knowledge with newbies like us.

This is my 2nd LCARS TrekFace2.

Features:

1) LCARS UI
2) Time
3) Date
3) Heartbeat
4) Steps taken for today / distance
5) Steps taken bar meter
6) Move bar indicator
8) Battery level percentage
9) Bluetooth connectivity status (Star Trek Logo) - Connect to your phone to see the Star Trek Enterprise Logo! Stay in touch with the ship
10) Message count
  • I have a fenix 3 saphire and a scoche rhythm plus optical heart rate monitor. When I choose heart rate for custom field 1 nothing shows up. If I choose calories it does show up. Can you please help as this is my favorite watch face.
  • This is one of the most useful watch faces I have tried, and no lag on my Fenix 3 HR. Love it.

The only problem I have is the step bar is a bit too thin and very difficult to see, I think setting the background as Black so you can see the line grow would be great. Lastly the font for the number 8 and 9 on the battery and heart rate are almost impossible to tell apart. It would be fantastic if you could tweak those two things.

The fact that notifications are the star trek emblem and the bluetooth connection is also a graphic, makes it SO easy to see when something is up.

Thank you for this and look for a donation to keep this up to date. It's one of the few watch faces with this many features that doesn't lag or eat up the battery.
  • This is one of the most useful watch faces I have tried, and no lag on my Fenix 3 HR. Love it.

The only problem I have is the step bar is a bit too thin and very difficult to see, I think setting the background as Black so you can see the line grow would be great. Lastly the font for the number 8 and 9 on the battery and heart rate are almost impossible to tell apart. It would be fantastic if you could tweak those two things.

The fact that notifications are the star trek emblem and the bluetooth connection is also a graphic, makes it SO easy to see when something is up.

Thank you for this and look for a donation to keep this up to date. It's one of the few watch faces with this many features that doesn't lag or eat up the battery.

Wow... still have users on F3HR. I'm still using F3HR also. Yes, you are right on the number 8 & 9. I've changed it to use the System Fonts. Should be easier to read now.

Glad you enjoy it :)
  • Actually, I love my Fenix 3 HR, no desire to move to the 5. There is nothing compelling to do so. Now, when they offer a Fenix 5 with Music, I'm game!

Thanks for the Font Change, it's awesome.

Now about that goal bar...... Can't you just taste another beer?
  • Hey Paul, in this post you asked:

3) As for the steps bar, the base color is "Dark Gray". As your steps increase, the Orange bar will grow. What would be a better choice of colors?

Simple, BLACK as the background. Then it would be extremely easy to see the steps bar regardless of color.

Fix it or you will be assimilated :). I'm 52 and still joke around like that. Sad, huh.
  • You should make it compatible with the forerunner 235
  • Hello! I love this watch face. I'm wondering if I'm missing a setting, though, because I'm not seeing the sunrise/sunset time above the date. Was that feature removed, or is there a way to toggle that setting? I'm using the watch face on a Vivoactive 3. Thanks!

Edit: I did find the setting, but turning it on still does not display sunrise/sunset times on my watch face.

Edit2: Does the sunrise/sunset display depend on GPS or does it pick up from a different source?
  • Hello, I updated the watch face to the latest 1.2.12 and the day and month aren't displayed properly.
    They look like the picture from the 3rd post to this thread.
    Could you help to fix it? My fenix 3HR language setting is in traditional Chinese.
    It was displayed correctly before.
    Thanks!
  • Hello Paul,

i just got a vivoactive 3 after my beloved vivoactive died. I used the LCARSII. Naturally i had to have this face. But i was wondering what the number in the red box (lower rhs) and the bottom number are. These are the same on my face and are not heart rate. Is it possible to customise these on the face.

let me know ,

love your work

E
  • Andilyelf1,

The default display in the bottom section is Calories for both data fields. You have to select the Watch Face in Garmin Connect app, then use Settings to change one of them to Heart Rate.

Knifeboots,

The Sunrise/Sunset times appear after either using GPS during an activity and/or after syncing to the Garmin Connect app.

Paul,

Nice watch face, it looks good on Vivoactive 3.