Maca88 + Lights Control?

My Garmin Edge 1040 comes equipped with a primitive app for light control. I am able to pair my lights (4 Trek white, 4 Trek red) with the app. I cannot use the app to turn my lights on and off. Question. Suppose I pair my lights with the Garmin app. Suppose next I download your app from Garmin Connect. Will your app 'find' my lights through the Garmin app? Will I then be in control? Do I have to fill out your form at Git Hub for each and every one of my lights? All I want to do is turn them on at the daylight bright flash setting and turn them off from time to time.

• Will your app 'find' my lights through the Garmin app?

If by "Garmin app" you mean that you paired the lights using the Garmin Sensor menu then yes, you will be able to control them with Bike Lights Control app.  

Will I then be in control?

With Edge 1040, you will be in control only when Bike Lights Control app is active. Once you leave the Bike Lights Control screen, the light mode will be reset. Unfortunately, widgets on Edge 1040 are converted into apps and they are automatically closed when you leave the screen, which makes Bike Lights Control almost useless on new Edge devices. If you want to persist the light mode, then you will need to install Smart Bike Lights data field instead.

Do I have to fill out your form at Git Hub for each and every one of my lights?

If all Trek white lights are the same (e.g. RT 200) and also all 4 Trek red lights are the same (Flare RT) then you have to create only one configuration.

Next time please use the existing "Bike Lights Control" thread instead of creating a new thread in the showcase section.

• Thank you, sir. I'll give it a go.

• If your third-party app requires you to fill out a form on GitHub for each light, this may be part of the setup process. What matters is the design of the app and how it manages device pairing and control Tomb of the Mask.