Simple, Fun, Free Games

I got my first Garmin watch (Venu 3) in November, and I've been having a blast developing watch faces and games for it ever since!

I started with watch faces, but I was new to Monkey C and CIQ and didn't really make them in a way that would work with other screen sizes.  I may go back and rework a couple so that I can share them, like this Hourly Weather Analog face I use most days:

But then I moved on to games, and I did try my best to make those as compatible as possible.  So that's what I'd like to share with you today.  You can see all of my published games on the Connect IQ store with this link:

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/developer/c1378758-abc7-42aa-baa6-cb83de0eaa23/apps

My first game was "Dice Game" (Yahtzee, but Hasbro doesn't like it when people use that name).  It's usually the first game I write for any new programming environment I mess around with.  Here's a screenshot:

Next was Hangman.  I used to host a "Wheel of Fortune" daily puzzle game, based on a Page-A-Day calendar, and I accumulated a large number of puzzles from that.  And I've found that they work great as Hangman phrases!  The main challenge is tapping the right letters on the on-screen keyboard, but I have a "select and confirm" option that helps.  Here's a screenshot of my Hangman game:

Then I created a tile slider puzzle, with support for both numbers and copyright-free images, with different grid size options.  This one uses bitmap scaling, so it might not work on some older devices.  Here's a screenshot:

Next was Farkle, which is another dice game like Yahtzee.  You press your luck through 10 rounds to try to beat your best score.  Here's a screenshot from Farkle:

My latest game is Pyramid Solitaire, which is a card game.  I created a custom font with suits in different sizes to support smaller screens, and it looks good in the simulator, so hopefully it works on real devices as well.  Here's a screenshot of Pyramid Solitaire:

That's it for now, but I have a few more games in mind, and I'm always open to suggestions!  Everything is and always will be completely free (tips accepted and appreciated, though).  I have a 9 to 5 that pays the bills (also coding), but this is my creative outlet.  I hope you enjoy my stuff, and I look forward to sharing more in the near future!

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to these forums for all of the help you've provided to a newcomer like myself!  I still have a lot to learn, but so far every question I've had has found an answer (or three) here.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Thank you, the games looks very interesting

• That's it for now, but I have a few more games https://modilimitado.io/en/games 
    in mind, and I'm always open to suggestions!  Everything is and always will be completely free (tips accepted and appreciated, though).  I have a 9 to 5 that pays the bills (also coding), but this is my creative outlet.  I hope you enjoy my stuff, and I look forward to sharing more in the near future!

• That's awesome to hear! It sounds like you've been having a lot of fun diving into the world of developing watch faces and games for your Garmin Venu 3. It's completely normal to encounter some learning curves when starting with new technologies like Monkey C and CIQ, but it's great that you're willing to iterate and improve your creations.

Revisiting and optimizing your watch faces for different screen sizes is a fantastic idea, especially if you want to share your creations with others. The Hourly Weather Analog face sounds really cool and practical for everyday use. It's impressive that you've been able to create something functional like that!