WatchFace: Digic Watch

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/d021d6e7-22d3-49e3-a626-4f687f6d1ddd

Settings Features (https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?332843-How-to-App-Settings):
- Layout: activity, sunrise/sunset, data;
- Time in UTC setting, shows main time and date in UTC if turned on;
- Background color (black/white), label color, value color, time color;
- Row 1 fields: month, date, day;
- Row 2-4 fields: phone (bluetooth), battery, alarm, notifications (msg), distance (m, km, ft, mi), steps, steps goal, calories (kCal), latitude, longitude, altitude (m, km, ft, mi), training effect, sunrise, sunset, move bar, seconds, UTC time, local time, time till next sun event (sunrise/sunset), week number;
- Activity layout: distance, steps and calories, steps graph for last 7 days and today (left to right);
- Sunrise/sunset layout: sunrise and sunset time on the timeline based on latest position available. Use "Row 4: Middle Field" to change field below the bar;
- Data layout: 4 rows of fields;
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT: latitude, longitude, altitude and training effect values are based on last activity, hence please turn GPS on until green status.
Feel free to join the discussion: https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?340009-WatchFace-Digic-Watch&p=784765
FB: https://www.facebook.com/yurkevich.vladimir
Thanks for using it! Please don't forget to leave review.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changelog:
v.2.0.0:
- Added support of Forerunner® 230, Forerunner® 235, Forerunner® 630, Forerunner® 920XT, ForeAthlete® 235J, ForeAthlete® 920XTJ, epix™, vívoactive®, with either 3 or 4 rows fixed layout that fits the screen

v.1.1.22:
- ISO week number field added: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_week_date

v.1.1.21:
- Fixed issue with 12:00 AM hours.

v.1.1.20:
- Very bottom field in Sunrise/sunset layout is now using new "Row 4: Middle Field" to not interfere with already set up layouts, please use it;

v.1.1.19:
- Fields added: UTC time, local time, time till next sun event (sunrise/sunset);
- Very bottom field in Sunrise/sunset layout is now configurable and using "Row 4: Left Field";
- "Time in UTC" setting added, shows main time and date in UTC if turned on;

v.1.1.18:
- fēnix™ 3 HR support added

v.1.1.17:
- Settings issue fix

v.1.1.16:
- Max speed field removed because it doesn't have any data on watch faces.
- Fields added: move bar, seconds, time zone, altitude (km, ft, mi)

v.1.1.15:
- Distance kilometers and miles fix
- Settings fixes

v.1.1.3:
- IQ SDK v.1.2.3
- Data layout added (4 rows)
- New fields added: distance (kilometers), distance (feet), distance (miles), steps goal, latitude, longitude, altitude (meters), max speed (km/h), training effect, sunrise, sunset

v.1.1.1:
- Added background color (black/white) setting

v.1.1.0:
- Bluetooth renamed to Phone, hence Battery is back again to the middle by default
- Notifications setting removed
- Layouts added: activity history (default) and sunrise/sunset (BETA)
- Sunrise/sunset layout (BETA): shows sunrise and sunset time on the timeline based on latest position available, time till sunrise/sunset and current time on the timeline.
- Fields settings added. Row 1 fields: month, date, day. Row 2 fields: phone (bluetooth), battery, alarm, notifications (msg)

v.1.0.5:
- Mobile devices settings issue resolved

v.1.0.4:
- Settings added: label color, value color, time color, show/hide notifications

v.1.0.3:
- Language fixes

v.1.0.1:
- Small fonts refinements
- Attempt to fix missing characters on other languages

v.1.0.0:
- Main release

Discussion. Suggestions? Bugs?
  • Digic watch is the absolute best watch face. It is customizable beyond the dreams of most smart sports watch owners. But I have 3 important problems that needs to be resolved:

1) When I leave my watch off my wrist at night (fenix 5xs are not necessarily the most comfortable watch to use when sleeping), the next day the digic watch face would crash (It would revert to the watch face previously chosen before the digic watch. And the watch face option for digic watch would show the IQ logo with exclamation mark). In fact, it doesn't take a whole night to crash. Only a few hours (about 3?). But if I wear it, it will not crash. Strange...

AND here's the big AND... restoring the watch face to digic watch is a pain the ass. I tried soft resetting, syncing using phone (worked once), syncing using pc, changing to a different watch face before syncing with pc (worked once), changing the settings and saving. And they only work when it feels like working (2 out of 10 times). Well, the last thing i tried that worked was reinstalling the watch face. Hopefully it works the next time it decides to crash. Fingers crossed.

2) The training effect for the fenix 5x may need to be split into 2 (aerobic and anaerobic) thing is, after my activity, which shows an aerobic TE of 5.0 and anaerobic TE of 4.6, the Training effect indicator on the watch face stays at 0.0

3) The floors.... I could go up and down the same flight of stairs (4 floors) and sometimes it would register 4 floors (rare), sometimes 0 (and other times anything else in between)

4) And maybe a 4 is needed. People are complaining about sunrise and sunset times being inaccurate. I haven't used this feature myself. But maybe in the future I will, Why not, right?

Please please fix these! I like your watch face so much I would love to paypal you a token gratitude. But please fix these. For now, I am not taking the watch off my wrist in an attempt to persuade the digic watch face to not crash. So please hurry before I develop rashes on my wrist.

#2 and #4

I commit to buying you a beer/coffee as well for these issues. Thank you so much!
  • Hi,

this is also my favourite watch face. Nice and clean and very configurable.

I have one problem atm:

My watch, for some crazy Garmin reason, did not store the steps of last Friday. Now my progress bar diagram is stuck at that day.
    The diagrams on other watchfaces are just skipping this day and show 0 steps (btw: Garmin Connect shows everything correctly).

What I would love to be added to this watchface:
    - weather forecast
    - progress bars (Steps, Stairs, Intensity Minutes)
    (Maybe circled ones to put on top, bottom, left right but i don't know how this would integrate into the design scheme)
    - Barometric Pressure
    - Altitude Chart

I will check again on Friday if the problem solved itself or maybe you have some idea.

Thanks for the great work :)community.garmin.com/.../1351025.jpg
  • Hello! I have a Fenix 3HR and I cannot pull the data for the temperature from the internal sensor even though I have it in the watch face as an option. Any clue? Thanks! HR and altitude work also ok
  • Vladimir, I noticed sunrise sunset layout seems to be working better now. The problem I see is that sunrise and sunset is completely wrong unless there is a GPS lock recently. Is there anyway to show sunrise sunset for the last known location?

Also what is your PayPal so that I can donate to you? I owe you a beer.
  • Same issue for me as well when I try to install this on my S60 and it just shows the error logo on my watch face. Is there an issue with the S60 or am I missing a step? Other watch faces load just fine. Thanks!
  • I have been using the face for quite sometime and I love it. I'm having trouble with the sunrise and sunset. I have done the click on activity with GPS, get GPS and then exit and the sunrise and sunset would always update.

Now it will not update! Any help?
    Vivioactive 3.

Thanks
  • Currently having the same issue with the sunrise/sunset times being those associated with a latitude/longitude of 0.000 and 0.000 on a Garmin 235. (The latitude and longitude fields also display 0.000 and 0.000.) I've used widgets and activities with GPS (normal, GPS+GLONASS), tried hard power off/power on the watch, disconnect/reconnect bluetooth (with phone location on and off), but the location information does not seem to be read in correctly by Digic Watch to accurately calculate sunrise/sunset. (Other activities and widgets do pull in correct lat/long, and sunrise/sunset values.) I've only had this problem for about the past 2 weeks, which also coincides with the last time I flew with the watch. Any thoughts on how to reset/update Digic Watch with the last known GPS coordinates?

Thanks
  • This is usually a superb app and I have used it ever since getting my Fenix 5X APAC (now on 9.20).

Unfortunately after the last update (4.3.0), I can no longer view the WatchFace and get a IQ! error. The following is displayed in Garmin\Apps\LOGS\CIQ_LOG.TXT

ERROR: Unhandled Exception
    DETAILS: NONE
    STORE_ID: 9c2a990ed443430cadbd46a0ef12da35
    CALLSTACK:
    UnexpectedTypeException: Expected Number/Float/String/Long/Double, given null/Number
    native function

ERROR: Permission Required
    DETAILS: Permission required
    STORE_ID: d021d6e722d349e3a6264f687f6d1ddd
    CALLSTACK:
  • Back and working 100%. Thanks for the speedy fix :)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Hi,
    I had a wishful thinking request which I don't even know if possible or not.
    When I toggle dnd, it's usually in meetings or sleep at which time I don't need any of the details on my watch.
    Would it be possible to add a feature where, if enabled, the watch face would turn to something very minimalistic when dnd is activated and then restore to original when returned to normal mode?
    Many thanks,