I have just released a widget for the watch that fixes a common issue for Whatsapp users (Android only) on Garmin Smartwatches when users cannot see more than one message even if there are many unread messages.
You can get the app here: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/346a0d71-6923-464a-8405-11d9761658bd
The Android companion app is free to try out.
- Providing a Whatsapp notification replacement that lets you read up to 10 (premium) or 3 (free) most recent messages per conversation. The length of the notification depends on the watch limitation.
- A useful widget that displays Whatsapp messages log grouped by conversations. Up to 10 (premium)/ 3 (free) messages for 5 (premium)/ 2 (free) conversations may be displayed. The widget will auto scrolls if messages are long.
- Reply to Whatsapp messages (if your Garmin watch supports this feature).
- Pick favorite conversation for displaying on widget front screen. (premium)
- Blacklisting conversations to prevent them from showing up on watch/widget. (premium)
It works on a wide range of smartwatches including the Fenix, Forerunner, Vivoactive, MARQ, D2, and Approach.
If you have any questions or problems with the app, please let me know. Thank you!