A new family of dials!

Following on from reworking my multi-metric pacer wheel - https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/542d099f-4f5d-46af-8c71-11c17c4f2f1c - I’ve just released a related suite of fully configurable dials. Suite contains:

All these products display current, average and max values. All have a configurable target zone and effort zones. All have fully configurable colours and fully configurable stats written to FIT files. The dials also let you specify dial range and specify zone values. Targets may be set proportionally - "p0.5" is half way around the dial, for example - or by zone number - "z3" uses the top and bottom of zone 3 as targets - or explicitly by value.

Some dials are available in "Multisport" and "Singlesport" variants. Multisport is aimed at triathletes and has sport-specific settings. Singlesport is easier to manage if you only use the field for a single sport as the settings page is one quarter the size.

I’ve been using these for my training as I developed the suite and I am quite pleased with the results - I find it much easier to read a dial without my glasses than a comparable set of text fields. 

• i don't understand how to add this data field so i can see it during exercise... where can i find a "how to" instructions on how to install, configure and use it? 

• Hi,

The process is this:

1. Download from Connect IQ store eg: press the "download" button from either the web-page or inside the Connect IQ app and then synch your phone to make sure the field has been installed

2. Customise a data screen to include the data field - this depends on the watch you have, but I find that I can usually find a Garmin video on YouTube by searching for "Add datafield <watch name>". EG: When I search "add datafield fenix 6x" in YouTube, I see a number of videos produced by Garmin like this one: https://youtu.be/y9v0133j3Fk

3. From there, it is just a case of editing settings. You can do this in any of the Garmin apps - Garmin Express, Garmin Connect or Garmin Connect IQ

If you email me (either "Contact Developer" link or the email from when you purchased the upgrade code) with specific things you'd like to achieve, I can give help for settings to achieve them. (There are a lot of options across the six different flavours of this dial!)

Cheers,

Gaius

• Is it possible to make the power target follow the target of the current interval of a structured Workout? The dial is much easier to read than the built in Garmin Workout data screen display

• I’m not sure!

I might need to do it as a separate version as it is running quite tight on space at the moment. 
    I will investigate and see what can be done. 
    G

ps: Glad you like the display! Thanks for the suggestion.