Watchface: Digital for TactixD and Digital for TactixD v2 Beta

This is forum to streamline questions processing, feature requests, bug reporting and general discussion regarding
Digital for TactixD face: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/d4fbcc93-5e5e-4030-8278-2bd8463921db
Digital for TactixD v2 Beta: apps.garmin.com/.../15c35159-bae3-4c12-8539-5305ccd1b933

Idea behind this face is that the best face is the one which is set exactly as i want it.

*** IMPORTANT: Always include your email if you are contacting me using Contact Developer form. Without it i cannot contact you back as form will come with [email protected] as a sender address.

Q&A:

Why there are so many settings available? It is hard to navigate through them:
Sending watchface user defined parameters such as color, font and screen placement through app settings seems to be the only available option at this moment. Amount of settings is a tax for having many objects available. During time i've found out  there are also problems and limitations coming with amount of settings, therefore version 2 is being in development where at least some of the fields configuration will be simplified.

Why are my settings changes not reflected on WatchFace ?
It seems this issue is tied to Garmin CIQ app which is not able handle huge amount of settings properly. When settings are done through Android/iOS Garmin Mobile app all should work as expected.

Will be there Weather details available ?
Yes, weather is in progress and will be included in v2 version. Currently testing various weather providers APIs and fighting with best details visualization on the screen.

Why is my language not supported i see only squares instead of characters ?
During short life time of this face 26 custom fonts have been already requested and implemented. Fonts consume a lot of available resources, therefore characters are limited to the absolute minimum => english characters and numbers only. Languages with 'special' characters such as czech, russian, japanese etc. cannot be supported until more resources will be available to watch faces. Toggle button "Force English Day/Month Name" to force most exposed fields to english has been implemented instead.

Will more features be implemented ?
Yes, i am adding more features based on incoming requests. Priority is usually set by amount of requests.

• Dear tomulli, please include also me to beta testers.

• Absolutely, I can be a beta tester! Currently, I use Digic Watch with sunrise/sunset bar as daily, but I think yours is better, with more color customizations, many fields possible, etc. Just let me know when this beta arrives! =D

• I'm happy to be a beta tester too Thumbsup

• Hey this is the watch face that does it all! Thanks for you efforts. I'm getting sunrise at 2319 and sunset at like 710. I guess I need to set gps to get proper data. I'll keep reading

• Public Beta  of version 2 has been released: apps.garmin.com/.../15c35159-bae3-4c12-8539-5305ccd1b933

- You will need weatherbit.io API key in order to use weather info
    - There seems to be an intermittent issue when settings are pushed to the watch correctly but are not stored on Garmin servers (confirmed on Android). This results in default settings being loaded to the app next time settings are changed. I am not the only one impacted, however it is still not clear whether it is app problem, Android or Garmin side issue at the moment.

• Dear Tomulli. Thanx a lot for amazing work done. And for beta version, so we can report issues
    I think, after some improvements it will be number one watchface.

Sofar have found
    2 issues:

1. Adding custom text crashes the watchface.

2. Please add possibility to place separately wind strength in km/h and wind direction(as arrow) in any place of watchface. The same as already done with current weather icon and current temperature.

Thanx a lot.

• Thanks for reporting, i've found error with custom text 1 and 2, will release fix promptly.

• Thanx. Already updated. Please add the possibilities for current wind speed and current wind direction placement Slight smile

2. Please add possibility to place separately wind strength in km/h and wind direction(as arrow) in any place of watchface. The same as already done with current weather icon and current temperature.

And it will be king of watch faces.

Thanx

• I have marked for example the places where i would like to place wind info. But of course these coordinates might be changeable,  as per any user wishes 

• Tomulli. I ve solved my weather problem. Now i have current weather conditions un 1 row..wind speed, wind direction, temperature and conditions icon.

The only one issue i found is the seconds freeze! Especially when i am moving with hands. 

After this fix it will be a dreamwatchface.

And please describe the meanings of current weather texts. Which of them is wind speed please? 1-VIND or 4-WIS ??

Here are screenshots