Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

• Hello. Yes, that was me! I have the Forerunner 245, haha. Anyway, I finally got it to work.

I tried many different things because I did not want to perform a reset. The watch was not connecting to the Garmin software on my computer. What fixed it was to switch the USB mode in settings from "Garmin" to "Mass Storage" and then back to "Garmin". After that, the watch connected to the PC, synced, and a random M2 watch face appeared. After that, I was able to use the M2 Designer to create my own watch face.

Not sure if this helps you but that was my issue. The designing takes a bit to get used to but I am very grateful for your product. Thank you!

EDIT: Donated. Have a beer on me :)

• I'll look into it Slight smile The display on the 735 is not circular, which put me off trying it so far ...

• Phew, glad you got it working Slight smile And thanks for posting the fix - it sounds a strange one to me. The ERA logs were reporting a "File Not Found Error" when trying to access the application storage, so something must have got out of sync somehow ...

Cool design, and I will savour the beer, thanks!

• Hi Mark.ai,

For the couple of weeks I have been experiencing problems with saving profile settings on the M2 watchface as well as sunset and sunrise times disappearing and would like to raise this question in the hope that you or another user can provide advice about what to do. I am using a Vivoactive 4 and found that the M2 designer and the M2 watchface works flawlessly except those two problems.

I noticed on several occasions that when I save multiple profiles they don't seem to activate when they should. For example, I have a night time watchface which should activate at 2030 hrs and end at 0550 hrs. I have entered the start and end time in the correct fields within the correct profile which in the night time watchface is profile number two. However, over several days I noticed that the watchface would not activate at 2030 hrs and I investigated within the profile settings where I discovered that the start and end times have been reset to 00:00 and the activation days to 0. I am unsure why this keeps happening though as I always received confirmation after I selected 'Save Profile' when I changed it back to 2030 hrs, 0550 hrs and 1234567 in activation days. 

When I change the times and days it immediately activates the correct watchface after I save it but I don't know why it would revert back to 00:00 and 0.

In regards to the sunset and sunrise times I noticed that sometimes both times will revert to --:-- whilst usually the times update. This is not a big issue as I just start a workout when I have GPS reception, however, I am wondering why the times sometimes keep disappearring over two days whilst they also keep updating themselves over four days without any of my input.

Would you or another user have any idea why this keeps happening?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Fabs

• Hi Slight smile

My first thought is that this sounds really bad and shouldn't be happening!

My 2nd thought is it sounds like it's related to the storage system - all those values (the profile start & end times, plus your GPS location for calculating the sunrise & sunset) are loaded from storage when the watchface starts and saved to storage when the watchface ends (when you switch to something else like a widget). If for some reason they fail to load at the start (when you switch to the watchface from a widget) then all the values are reset, as it thinks you have only just installed the watchface for the first time (since there were no stored values to load). So this would match what you describe ...

The question would be why does it fail to load from storage. It could be:

• Something specific to your watch
    • Something specific to the Vivoactive 4, e.g. a bug in firmware
    • Some bug in the CIQ libraries (I updated to the latest ones on 4th April)
    • Some bug in the M2 code (I can't see anything that has changed here since February)

I'll have a think and see if any ideas come to me ...

• Thank you mark.au for your quick reply. If it is of any assistance, I noticed a few days ago that sometimes opening the watch face itself via the Garmin Connect app would not work and produce an error advising me that there is a problem with IQ Connect. I just saw before that the App Store downloaded an update for the Garmin Connect app so I will continue to monitor.
    My Vivoactive 4 firmware version is 4.60 and Connect IQ is 3.1.8. 

• When you say "Garmin Connect app" which one do you tend to use? Is it:

• Garmin Connect Mobile
    • Garmin Connect IQ Store app

Also do you use it on Android or iOS?

• Got to tweek mine yesterday, after a few thousand clicks (LOL) manage to get a pretty cool one

Heres the code

01ZC2515111WDPO1011YnX003W0G11X6Wc020Vn421Vn170VX0X6WVXk1aBYnWm03XQF1ZvYmWm0ZxXPF11QXH03X7F11QWx035G170VX0X6XeXk170VX0X6Xz1Ve70VX0X6WB1Ve1XD803VaF13UF11Wu604I031X6Yj0XOE04WsF041XBW814VW0R3VvG11X1W723VVG14L0Vl1X6R0ZT00VdVdVdVdVd01RWi03XDF11X2Xk23VnG14Q0Ve1

XCXj14R0Vd3VeG11WZYF03VfG13VgG14S0O1XDYF14T0O3VhG13ViG1

• Hi mark.au, by Garmin Connect App I mean Garmin Connect Mobile. I don’t use the IQ Store app that often. I am using an iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 13.4.1. 

Of interest, this morning my Vivoactive 4 advised me that an update is being downloaded and installed to the watch. After the watch restarted it displayed that a new Bluetooth software version has been installed. Shortly after that, sunrise and sunset times were reset to —:— and required reacquisition of a GPS signal to get the correct times. Profile two has also lost its activation days, as well as start and end times, but strangely enough profile one was still saved in the exact way I had it set up.