Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

• Hi

I installed Eclipse and IQ Connect in it. I can't get M2 Designer working. When I run M2_240 for my Fenix 5x IQ Simulator opens but in cmd window is message "Unable to connect to an ANT device; no devices available" and simulator window remains empty

• Hmm it's been a while since I've tried this, and can't remember seeing that message.

One thing that comes to mind: with the new CIQ install you have to also manually download data for all the devices

On this page Get the SDK | Connect IQ | Garmin Developers it is number 4:

4. Use the SDK manager to download the latest Connect IQ SDK and devices.

Have you managed to successfully do that bit for the devices?

• yes I download all data for devices

• I just tried this on a fresh PC install, and it seemed to work for me still. 

Including a screenshot so you can check the folder path for the M2Sim directory.

Note that I also got the message "Unable to connect to an ANT device" so I guess that is normal - but the simulator runs ok, and you can click on the watch buttons to access the menus.

I tried it in both the 3.2.3 and 3.2.5 SDK folders, and it worked in both - I did have to click a popup requesting network access.

Do you see a watch appear in the simulator menu? Will be a black screen initially, just with a menu saying "global settings".

• can you show me printscreen of M2_240.bat file

• It's just the same as the original download, so it looks like this:

The files simulator.exe and mokeydo should both be in the bin directory, so up 1 folder.

Did you modify your bat file at all? Do any of the other 3 bat files work?

• now is working, yea. I had a bit of a mess with folder locations

• Cool, that's great to hear Slight smile

It's not an ideal solution, but it just about works ...

• Dear markdotai, dear all,

First of all, THANK YOU for this amazing app!

I am seeking your help in order to properly set up a multi-profile configuration, which is making me feel quite retarded... :-(

I have designed both a daytime and a nighttime profiles and managed to have them switching automatically, but realised that, no matter what I do, setting up the activation days and/or time does not change the profile text, therefore, each time I reload a profile, the days and time need to be set up again.

Is there a way for the activation settings to be saved with the profile itself, or do they need to be configured from scratch each time I want to edit one of them?

I hope I made myself clear.

Thank you in advance for your advice,

Lorenzo

• Hi Lorenzo Slight smile

I think I'm understanding some of the problem, but just going to talk through it and see if it can help. Using multiple profiles is advanced and tricky stuff I will gladly admit!

So, you're correct that the profile text does not include information about the activation day/time. (It is just the graphical design).

The activation days/times does get saved alongside the profile text on your watch, but they won't appear in the settings until that profile is currently the active one on your watch. So if you paste in a new profile text that you want for the night, but it is currently using the day profile, then you would need to enter the activation days/times for the night profile.

But if you already have a night profile saved on your watch, then you can first load that (temporarily) which will also load the activation days/times, enter the new night profile text, and then save the new profile without having to enter the activation days/times again. I'm not sure if you are using this method and it isn't working? Or if you are not using this method? Slight smile

To load the already saved night profile during the day you can use the “Profile Management” setting and change it to “Load Profile” (with the correct profile number) and save the settings. The watchface will change its display to the saved profile temporarily for a few minutes. At this point it is normally necessary to close the app settings (as they don't update automatically), and then reopen the app settings - hopefully they now display the loaded profile along with the correct activation days/times for that profile. If this isn't working - then let me know and I will investigate!!

After a few minutes the loaded profile will revert back to your normal profile for that time. If you keep the settings open, then they will still show the information from the profile you loaded. (They will update on close & open again).

Let me know if this helps ...