Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

• Thank you. We have a few additions now Heart

• Hi, 
    I have a problem with the profiles when i try to configure with Garmin express and go to the settings of M2 as discussed.

I try to have one Profile as usual with small informations and on Gesture i try to activate another one with much more details, so i want to use different Profile Texts for Profile 1 and Profile 2 (on Gesture)

It does not seem to hold or load anything from another profile, also if i try to load from profiles higher than 25 ?

1) Can I have different Profile texts for different Profiles?
    2) In my case it does not seem to store anything in the profiles numbers, I try with Load or Save but it always
    includes same values?

Is there maybe a small guide how to do this step by step or is there a known bug?
    Thanks
    Peter

• Hi Slight smile For multiple profiles, Garmin Express will be slightly slower, but should work fine. The main difference (compared to the mobile apps) is that while your watch is connected to the PC & Garmin Express, then no apps on the watch are running. And when you change the settings in Garmin Express then M2 will only receive the current values when it next runs.

So this means that every time you save the settings in Garmin Express you need to do the following:

• Disconnect your watch from the PC
    • Wait for the watch to boot up
    • Wait for M2 to be running on the watch (it will read the settings, and write back any values to the settings as needed)
    • Reconnect the watch to your PC
    • Reopen the settings for M2 in Garmin Express (I'm guessing they already closed when you disconnected the watch, but if they didn't make sure to close them yourself)

The user profiles that you can save your own designs to are numbered 1 to 24

Profile 25 is the default profile

And there currently aren't any other ones Slight smile

So hopefully you can do this in just 2 steps:

1. Save profile 1 (disconnect & reconnect your watch)
    2. Save profile 2 (disconnect your watch)
    3. ... then it all works!

Let me know if that's still not working.

(And I'll add this description near the top of this thread to help others with Garmin Express in the future)

• Is there a way to have a symbol on display when the watch face is unlocked? 

• - nope sorry - CIQ apps don't get access to that info Disappointed

• @markdotai thanks anyway, I'm always leaving it unlocked and a dogs nose or something presses the screen

• 01Ys2525111WDPO1141WwXk04M133NE14C133NE13VaC13NE14VV133NE14F131WwWO02JVd521VdF1WwVr03NE13VVC14L011VnXk0XOM1G1WKXk0WMC111XaXk0VqVV1IWpY6Xk04F1Vf70S0WwYYYEVe1WwYL03X7C23NC135C270VV0WwKYEVe1WwF03VrC23NE13XwC27020WwXHYs57020WwWcYs5

• thanks for the watch face I really love it. It could be possible to add the battery percentage or some kind the notification icon for example when the battery is under 20%?

• Battery percentage is the number between alarm and do not disturb icons Slight smile

• Simple face

01ZC2525VxW31WDPO10170Vf0X6XmYO31XCWl02GVm13QJ121Vm13QJ23W1J170Vf0X6WYYO31X6Y003X7C13NC135C11Y3Vw03WoC13QA24B0Vf1W3Vy04R0Vf3QA23VeC11X6Ye03VaC13QA24I0Vf1X6F03VnC11X6Vh04Q1Vf