Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

• A scale, or a kettlebell.

• Hello all, I have another problem! I've made a new face and copied the code, the only problem is, it leaves me with a black blank watch face. This is the code 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWw020QVd21QVd1VoWV03X7851WuWW035811Y0WW03XD811X6YE03Ve751WgYE04R0Vd1WSU03Va711W6U04H011XaU03Vr711XBU04G01HWwW103Vm71HWNW004Q0VeHWwW003Vm71HVwW003VX71HVeW004N09HXqW003Vj71HYFW003Vk71HXaW004U0O1WvXG03QJVd1WnVb04VX017010WwWqYn27010WwWQYn

• Where exactly did you drag the folder? I have exactly the same issue as you had. No idea how to work this around :-(

• There are 2 bin folders and 1 needs to be inside the other. Mine goes garmin>bin>bin>m2sim

If you read one of Jim's comments earlier on, he says which folder needs to be in which

• You seem to have created an invalid profile text somehow during the copy & paste. And M2 will display a blank screen when an incorrect profile text is used.

First, your text is longer than 255 characters - for extremely long profiles when the text is split into 2 halves, then each half is up to 255 characters long.

Even if I split your long text into 2 parts to reduce the size, then it doesn't work (when it would normally). So there must be a mistake, or some part of the text is missing, and wasn't copied correctly. Maybe the end of the text?

I'd try opening up the simulator again, and try to copy the 2 halves of the text.

• - you shouldn't actually need to move the SDK folder, but if you do (for ease of access) then anywhere should be ok (so long as no space in the path name).

Then M2sim goes inside the bin folder of the SDK. E.g. you might have:

C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Garmin\ConnectIQ\Sdks\connectiq-sdk-win-3.2.3-2020-10-13-c14e609bd\bin\M2Sim

Or if you copy the folder to C:\Garmin, then you would have:

C:\Garmin\bin\M2Sim

Basically wherever you place the M2_218.bat, M2_240.bat, M2_260.bat and M2_280.bat files (which are in M2Sim) then if you go up one folder (now inside the bin folder) then you will see a load of files, one of which is called monkeydo, or monkeydo.bat

• If you know the paths, then you can also just modify the bat files if you know how to use a command prompt. They just contain a few simple commands:

cd ..
    start simulator.exe
    monkeydo "M2Sim\PRG\m2_218x218.prg" fenix5splus

• I still don't have have a "Settings" button in ConnectIQ for any of my watch faces. Have you guys that were having problems with this got your "Settings" buttons back yet? 

• It came back yesterday but has gone again now. I guess the iq store is down for maintenance 

• If I click ctrl+a in the string box on the right hand side it keeps giving me the same code, even if I edit the watchface