Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

• Any particular reason for not including a simple Bluetooth icon?

Is there a way to modify the duration or the sensitivity of the glance?

• Unfortunately the glance (duration & sensitivity) is completely controlled by the Garmin software - so it's not possible to modify. Sounds like a good idea though! Maybe it's possible to suggest it to Garmin somehow ...

For the Bluetooth icon there are 2 reasons really:

• In CIQ you can't really tell if Bluetooth is enabled or not. But you can tell if your watch is connected to your phone - so I added some phone icons for this case. And then if your watch is not connected to your phone, it could still be connected by Bluetooth to something else. So I guess it comes down to what status would you use the Bluetooth icon to indicate?
    • The 2nd reason is my own one sorry! That I just don't like the style/design of the Bluetooth icon as it doesn't fit in with the rest of the graphics. I added the "network icon" instead as I thought it looks better. And since you can choose any of the icons as indicators for whatever you like, I was hoping that would be enough choice :) And no-one would miss the Bluetooth one. Although I'm feeling like a dictator forcing my will on everyone now!!

If there is demand for a Bluetooth icon, I could probably force myself to add one Slight smile

• Thanks for the answers.

The bt icon is no request, was just curious Thinking

Wish garmin would allow the notifications for active bt and wifi Rolling eyes

•   Thanks for the incredible designer app. 
    Is it possible to display a moon symbol that shows the current moon level?

and is there an offset for the temperature, for example -7 ° C so that it roughly shows the room temperature?

This is my watchface that I created.

Battery symbol is dynamic:
    100 - 30% green
    30 - 15% orange
    15 - 00% red

Before the date, the Bluetooth symbol is visible when a cell phone is connected.
    After the date, the alarm symbol is visible when an alarm is activated.

Normalmode:

Gesture Activated:

1st Text:

01Ys2525111UFO1201WwWR023Vi122VVO21VhVd1WwW703X7213N2136213S213B213S213D213N213XJ213E211WwYZ04H11YgVX0RYwVX0VfZCVX0Vd3Va311KW60XOE0VVWJYZW604C0OHVoVf04L013VV21HWwVf04Q113Vm21HY1Vf04N013VX21HXwXl04VW013Vv213Y021HWtXl04R013Ve21HWwG04G113Vr213Xw21HVyXl03Vx21

2nd Test:

3Y221HWwYB04S113WG213Q213Vg213N214T113WL213Q213Vi2170Vd0WwXeYa370Vd0WwW1Ya3

• Hello, I'm having trouble opening the .prg file on my computer. Do you have a recommendation of a program to download to run it? 

• - are you trying to run the M2 Designer on your PC?

I haven't worked out how to do this recently, as Garmin changed the CIQ SDK installation. Plus the download I linked right at the top is at least a few weeks old now.

In fact I'm not even sure where the CIQ SDK is installed on my PC anymore Slight smile

But if you have the CIQ SDK installed, then you used to be able to execute something like the following commands (if you get the correct files in the correct directories etc):

start simulator.exe
    monkeydo "M2Sim\PRG\m2_218x218.prg" fenix5splus

At some point I will sit down and work out the correct process again ...

• Thank you. I'll give that a try although I'm not very computer literate. I'm happy using other people's creations but wanted to have a bash at my own. I find the watch method (vivoactive 3) a bit fiddly. An android app would be amazing

•  - it looks like my SDK is installed here now on my PC - monkeydo.bat is in the bin folder:  

C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Garmin\ConnectIQ\Sdks\connectiq-sdk-win-3.2.3-2020-10-13-c14e609bd\bin

Now I've found it, I'll check through my previous instructions to see if they still work and update them.

A mobile app would be cool Slight smile Unfortunately I know nothing about developing mobile apps - hence the cheap simulator option Slight smile

• I'll have a look at those files later on. Thanks for what you have done already, I wouldn't expect you to make an app! 

• markdotai I don't even know what a monkeydo file is. There's nothing on my pc or in the bin folder with that name