Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

• - it's cool to see the changes and how it's evolving - doing some nice things with the rectangles there Slight smile In theory with the latest CIQ SDK (which has anti aliasing for smooth edges), it would be possible to add any shape polygon, or circles or arcs too ...

• That would indeed be nice, but would also take the fun out of trying to figure out how to create certain effects with the current limitations :) At the moment it's kind of like how it was doing web design in the 90s, or how I imagine it was like doing UI design in the 80s.

• Hi. Nice wf. Is it possible to have a version with the black background? Thanks

• Which one did you like? The post you replied to already has a black background, or was it the one just above? Slight smile 

If you use the "M2 Designer" app then you can customize them yourself - although note that changing the background may not be straightforward as there could be knock-on effects with other non black & white colors, e.g. dark reds/greens/blues may show up on a white background but not a black one. It's the kind of thing you'd need to try yourself.

• Ok i ll try to do my best. Thanks

• Hello, I would like to add icon of wifi connection, but it is not possible to set visibility "wifi turned on". I tried with LTE, but it is something different. Could you please advice?

• - unfortunately CIQ watchfaces don't have access to whether wifi is turned on or whether it is connected Disappointed They only have access to:

- is your watch currently connected to your phone (via bluetooth)

- is your watch currently connected via LTE (to whatever it connects to & if your watch has LTE)

• Actually,  has just corrected me and says it is possible to detect wifi ... so going to investigate his tip now Slight smile

[Edit saving link to related bug: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/i/bug-reports/sim---connection-type-wifi-does-not-work-correctly]

•  - it seems like CIQ can only detect if wifi is connected or disconnected (not whether it is turned on or not) - so that may or may not match with what you would like to display. Apparently wifi will hardly ever actually be connected to anything (in order to minimise battery usage).

But I've added some visibility options for wifi connected/disconnected so you can try it ... if it's not useful to you, then please let me know and I'll remove it again! While it was easy to add it was quite expensive in the code (300 bytes) so I had to remove something else to fit it in, and I could easily use that memory for something else instead. Note I haven't tested it properly as it doesn't work in the simulator, so let me know if any problems ...

Also added a "body weight" option to the latest version (which actually was cheap Slight smile)

• My intention was to see on the watch face that the wifi is turned on, similarly as for instance the alarm is on or device is connected to phone. Simply not to forget about it as it would be eating battery. But I realized that neither on the standard watchface this is possible to see. That means it probably is not doable or would be difficult to set. 

I don't find it too important to have this working anyway. Thank you for adding "wifi connected" to visibility settings, I tested it with my Forerunner 245 and it did't work. Please, feel free to remove it again.