Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

• Thanks, that was unbelievably fast! Tested it on my Fenix 5+, seems to work perfectly! (at the same time tests that it still works on a CIQ 3.1.8)

• - cool, thanks for trying it Slight smile

• - all that info & the links are very useful thanks Slight smile Although it can work out to quite a lot of information to display!

It would be cool having the Designer app on smartphone - but I don't have time to learn to make that unfortunately. Plus there would be additional difficulties keeping an app on another platform in sync. 

And whether the Designer runs on the watch or PC or a smartphone app makes no difference to the memory limitations for watchfaces & M2 unfortunately Disappointed Watchfaces tend to be limited to 98kB whereas the apps (like M2 Designer) are allowed a lot more, often 1.3MB. Someone made a useful database of memory sizes per device here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/f/discussion/223503/in-case-it-is-useful-to-anybody-else-searchable-device-database-for-sdk-3-18

In fact looking at the widget memory sizes there, they are mostly 5 or 6 times the allowed size of watchfaces.

The more I think about it, the more I think a widget version of M2 could be the best solution. Someone else suggested this to me previously. And with weather added it would be really cool. The extra memory would allow lots of fancy display features and charts. Plus it would only be one button press away from the watchface (up or down) if you wanted.

• , thank you for the reply, it makes a lot of sense!

What if the M2 watchface would display just basic weather info, like current temperature and weather icon, and all extended weather an not only data is placed to a widget - indeed "one button press away from the watchface"?

• Hi markdotai,

I don't want to be a pain in the backside, but is there any update on availability of your awesome designer & watch face for the Venu?

Cheers,

Fabs

• I have been using the M2 to quite some time now and have tried other watchfaces also. There are some features on other watchfaces that I would really like to see on the M2 as they would be very useful to me. These are just request from a user, not demands by any means. Just some suggestions. 

1. Please add Body Weight to the data fields. This is very helpful for me with keeping on track with my weight management by seeing it on my watchface throughout the day and week. I add my body weight to Garmin with a compatible scale. Then the watchface pulls the data from CIQ and updates the data to show me on the watchface. The watchfaces called Magic Dust and Alfa-Zulu both have this data field. It would be great if M2 could have it also. 

2. Could you please add more number fonts. Having more fonts for the number fields would be great.

3. The addition of OWM https://openweathermap.org/api .  The watchefaces mentioned above use this API and it would be great to have the option of knowing the weather for tomorrow and having the High/Low temps for today. 

Thanks so much for your time!

01YsUVb25111WZPO1001YNWM03W0G11YJXH031G11JWq03X7F11TXE0VZAJ1JXDJ11TWJ035J1XbXxWn0XeE118WO49F100Z9VvW023VaF14H01HWwYK03VnG11W6Y001WwK03VjH13VkH11WwWO021Vn11WwVy0WMC0VpOXEB0Vx100

• MY NEW VERSION

01ZC2525111WDPO1011X6Wa020K13NG121I17030X6XnYC17030X6WLYE17030X6W41VZ1X5Xv03X7613N3135C13N313XD617030X6YNXX17030X6VlXO183B0VxR03XLX6K03VeB11WgVt23VrB11Y8Vt23VnB11XoYU04VW011X6YU03Vv618XE7VlVwVe038Ya7D2Vd031YpWy14Q0Vm1DWy04G0Vf8YJ7THVm038X57VVVhVa031XkL04R

0Vd1X6X608W25EG2001X6X601X6X60
  • I use OWM as well. My favorite by far is Accuweather's Minutecast (which I would LOVE to have come through [in some way??] on the watchface), but I'll be happy with some basic data on impending weather changes. Mark's creation here is wonderful. I'm a student pilot, so temp, windspeed and direction, and warning about freaky weather changes are at top of my list.

• - good suggestion, that could be a good compromise!

• - unfortunately no progress on a Venu version. I was trying some tests to see if I could use the new antialiasing options in the latest SDK to draw text in a procedural way (like TrueType fonts) - this would have made it super easy to do a Venu version (and have lots of other benefits too) - but so far those tests haven't worked out. I'll keep thinking on a solution though ...