Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

• Hello Mark,

Would it be possible to access/add an alphanumeric value to display which heart rate zone is active?  It's possible to change the visibility of fields/elements based upon the HR zones but I have not found an option to be able to show the zone values themselves.  For example something like:

-- or blank (below 1)
    + or ^ (for exceeding Max)

If there is not an ability to access that directly, then as a workaround, could you add numbers 0-9 and a few symbols like +, -, #, !, ^, * as icons so that they could be manually selected, layered and shown/hidden based upon the active HR zone?

Thanks for your consideration!

• that's a great idea - thanks for the suggestion Slight smile It "should" be fairly straight forward to do too, so I'll try and add this at the weekend.

• I'll add an option to enter all the individual number digits.
    • dash/minus is in as a "separator" : along with these " / \ : - . , % "
    • I don't think I can add any more symbols though, as they aren't in my custom font, and I can foresee problems adding them unfortunately
    • But you could use the triangle icon (or one of the others) for above Max (if your brain is capable of registering this when it occurs!)

You might have solved another problem too - I've had a few requests to be able to enter custom text. So I may be able to add an option to enter individual alphabet letters (which should be a lot cheaper than other methods I was thinking of). It will be slightly annoying entering each letter one by one as individual elements, but it could work ...

• That's awesome, thanks!   I'm not sure if there is any way to beta test this type of thing, but if there is a way to do so and it would be beneficial for you...  happy to help out.  Feel free to direct message me if I can be of any assistance with that sort of thing.

• Here are my first attempts designing an M2 watchface.

MoveBar ClearedMoveAlerts Active

I tried to keep it fairly basic and clean while still presenting useful information.  These were designed and are shown on the Vivoactive 4.

In the design you will see the following information:

1. Smart Intensity Minutes (top arc)
    2. Heart Rate
    3. Date
    4. Time
    5. Phone Connection Status
    6. Movebar
    7. Battery Status
    8. Step Count & Step Goal
    9. Step Count (bottom arc)

The date, accent lines, off state of the phone icon, movebar outlines, step count, steps icon, and step goal are all colored using the foreground color option so it's easy to change all of those at once.  This allows for a poor man's theme change if desired.  ;)

The time is always displayed in white for maximum readability and contrast.

The filled portion of both arcs is always set to dark grey.  The bottom step arc value is then filled with blue and the top smart intensity arc value is fille with green.

When the movebar alert hits level 3, the steps icon is replaced with an orange walking person icon to emphasize the alert level.  (color matches that 3rd bar in the movebar.)   The movebar transitions from empty borders to yellow, orange, and finally red.

Full Watchface Profile Text:
    01ZC23251W11VyKO3141X6Wb023Vb53NJ121Vb51X6Y503X7713T713N713XD713N7135717010X6XxYY17010X6WSYe11X6W40501OVfVeVdVd17010X6W0YG11YQW40YgI1VoYwI1VfZCI1Vd1VlW40XOE1VXXeE131X6Vc03VV313NF1ZiL13ZSG1Ve3NF13VW311X6Yb03Ve7Vd3NF14R1Vd8W3BVcLVX038BBVo9R03

Night-LowPowerI also created this variant of the watchface to use at night.  It removes all the elements except for time, a couple of accent lines, and a red low battery icon at the bottom.  (only visible when the battery is low).

I intend to have it set up to switch between these two watchfaces depending upon the time of day so that at night it switches to the minimal watchface and then back to the full watchface in the morning.  However, I'm having a little trouble getting that to actually work correctly... I hope to get that corrected and working soon.

Minimal Watchface Profile Text:
    01ZC23251W11VyKO3147010X6XxYY11X6Wb023Vb43N7121Vb47010X6WSYe11X6C0ZCI1Vd

• How did you create the Arc??

• It's just the ring element that can be picked within the M2 Designer.  While it's initially added as a ring, you can then specify start and endpoints to create an arc of your desired size.  Then choose if you want it to have a value (such as steps) associated with it to visualize that data or if you just want it to be a set color.  Very slick and easy to use.

• Clear and minimalist in the pure OnePlus style. Just love it!

01ZC2525111WDPO1011X6WY024QVd25Q121O11X6Y703X7713N7135711X6Vk0XOO01XNN014H014VX01WrN01WsF01,

Thanks Mark for your help Slight smile

1. Just praying for a clean Headphone icon and the possibility to be visible when bluetooth headphone are connected to the watch. This would be just PERFECT :)
  • What's the field in the left corner? 

Active calories? Altitude ? 

• I just checked and it's sunrise & sunset on the top line Slight smile

• Just uploaded new versions of M2 & the Designer! These are the changes:

• Version 0.1.21
    • Added the option for individual letters and numbers as elements of fields, allowing you to display any custom words or text. (Look for "Letter" when adding a new element - this just cycles round 0-9 and A-Z)
    • Menu options for faster positioning of fields & rectangles. When you select "Position", as well as "x" and "y" there are now options for "x (10)" and "y (10)" - these move the position of the field/rectangle by 10 pixel increments. Also similar options for changing the width & height of rectangles.

Each custom letter or number has to be entered individually unfortunately - but it does mean the changes in the code are cheap, which is good. And allows complete freedom for custom text on screen Slight smile

If anyone notices any problems then let me know.