Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

• It works!!!. Thank you very much

•  I've uploaded a new version where you can set sub one hour offsets now for the 2nd time zone in the Designer. As well as the major hour offset that is currently in global settings (2nd Time Hour UTC Offset) right next to that there is now (2nd Time Minute UTC Offset). So you would set the minute offset to +30 with the hour offset at +5.

And also added dawn & dusk options for first & last light (these are the astronomical versions). They exist wherever sun rise & set could be seen before (in text fields, for visibility, as ring data, and as a prefix for automatic profile loading). I've already spotted some nice possibilities, like having 2 rings one for dawn/dusk and the other for sunrise/sunset. Or having profiles which just get loaded during twilight hours Slight smile

• Watch face working fine (minus the PM that does not change to AM). It seems to me that it can be solved, but I have not seen the way. M2 & Designer,Versión: 0.1.10.

01Ys25251W21WDPO1011WMX7020VmVp1WMWD021VmVy1WMI02NVmVf1WHY303X7I11WiY3135J11XfY303XDI11XQX004T013Vh613Vi611XQXT04S013Vf613Vg611XQWY04VW013Vv611XXW604K013Vt611XVVd04H013N013Va613U611UWZ03XO01

• Looking good Slight smile I like the large seconds - I had to test it in the simulator for cost but they are easily under the 1Hz limit (only using about 50%).

To make the PM change to AM, you have to use the visibility options:

• For the "PM" element, set its visibility to "PM", then it is only visible in the afternoon
    • Add an AM element in the same field as the PM
    • For the "AM" element, set its visibility to "AM", then it will be visible only when the "PM" is not visible and vice versa.

I've added those changes here, so you can check it, or make them yourself:

01Ys25251W21WDPO1011WMX7020VmVp1WMWD021VmVy1WMI02NVmVf1WHY303X7I11WiY3135J11XfY303XDI11XQX004T013Vh613Vi611XQXT04S013Vf613Vg611XQWY04VW013Vv611XXW604K013Vt611XVVd04H013N013Va613U611UWZ0aDXO01ZxXN01

I also noticed the pressure icon shifted right if the pressure is <= 999, so you might want to set the alignment for that field to be the left edge, so all the icons stay aligned Slight smile

• very nice work! it's almost perfect. i would replace the distance with the steps. How can i do that?

• I've updated the top post with a better description of the steps needed for editing, so hopefully it helps: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/f/showcase/213203/watchface-m2

You will need to use the M2 Designer app to change distance into steps and make your own "Profile Text" code which can be used in M2 (the watchface). There's another post near the top with a detailed guide for that, but you will probably figure out how it works just by trying different things on it Slight smile

• Is it also possible to show the battery life in days instead of %

• Not currently, but I'll add it to my "to do" list - have to think of a good algorithm. Should it be based on usage for last hour? Or last day? Or since last charge? I'll see if I can find a good solution.

• 1st of all thank you for your great work. It's possible to also have the civil dawn &dusk times?

• Sure -  I will add an option, so that dawn & dusk are user defined (civil / nautical / astronomical)