Hebrew Cal Widget

This is a widget that shows the current Hebrew date and any Jewish holiday that falls on that date. See second post for list of holidays.

Although designed mainly to show the current date, it supports moving to adjacent dates.
Date navigation:
  • Touch screen - tap the left / right arrows
  • Non-touch device - use up / down hardware buttons (seems to have issues on Fenix. Looking for workaround)

Please note that in order to keep this widget small and minimize loading time I have limited the date range to a two year span (Sep 2015 - Sep 2017). Also, I am using 6pm as start of new day. There are other widgets available that will show official sunrise / sunset times.

I only own a Vivoactive HR. All other devices were tested on the Connect IQ simulator.

Oct 2016:
Version 1.3 to support new SDK requirements
Added indicator for day time (before sunset) vs night time (after sunset) calculation
Still having time zone issues. I've noticed that my watch works fine in the US but can be a day off in Israel

June 2016:
I added support for vivoactive HR and tried to fix the hardware buttons on Fenix 3, FR230, and FR 235.

6-24-2016: Another attempt to fix hardware keys and day shift in some time zones.
** I only have vivoactive for testing. The rest is tested on the Garmin simulator, which doesn't always behave like the physical watches. Both hardware key bug and day shift bug do not show on the simulator, please let me know if that issue got resolved.

App can be found at https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/cc245cf1-ecd0-47e6-b29c-1b4aa121b449
  • Does anyone know how to add Hebrew to fenix 3

what is software version on fenix 3
    which phone do you use ?

I own a fenix 3 and it's connected to a htc m8 and i don't get any Hebrew notification.
    Does any body have any idea what can I do?
  • I own a fenix 3 and it's connected to a htc m8 and i don't get any Hebrew notification.
    Does any body have any idea what can I do?

I would try to download the language files (see two posts up) and install them through Garmin Connect on the computer. That seems the only way to install them. I don't have a Fenix, so I can't verify how well it works
  • Hebrew for fenix

I would try to download the language files (see two posts up) and install them through Garmin Connect on the computer. That seems the only way to install them. I don't have a Fenix, so I can't verify how well it works

I can't find the file that I need to download on that page, the doesn't show on the screen.
  • Fenix 3 hr

not work with Fenix 3HR
  • I guess this app was removed, since there is a not found error when you click on the link.