Widget: Note2Watch

Hi all,

I wanted to announce my new widget Note2Watch, available here https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/af66ba54-9f6e-441b-91ab-e842a56ce9c4

It let's you sync notes that you create on your phone, computer, or via email onto your watch where they'll remain available even when your phone isn't nearby.

I started the project because I wanted a simple Grocery list app, but as I've developed it, it's grown some more powerful features (like IFTTT support via email), so it now does a lot more than I first imagined.

It's available in two flavors, a FREE version which is still very useful, and a PRO version ($4.99/year) with all of the bells-and-whistles. I'm hoping to add even more down the road!

I consider still very much in beta, though I've been happily using for over a month now.

I look forward to your feedback, which you can leave here, or if you choose, drop an email to [email][email protected][/email].

Thanks!
  • This is the next major feature in the pipeline. About halfway through implementing it, so shouldn't be too long until it launches, stay tuned!

Awesome! I upgraded to a pro account even if it wasn't coming because it's a cool idea and you are really really responsive on here. Well done good sir
  • Awesome! I upgraded to a pro account even if it wasn't coming because it's a cool idea and you are really really responsive on here. Well done good sir

Thanks so much!
  • Just want to announce the newest addition to Note2Watch: the Note2Watch application: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/6d8399d2-53ec-471f-a31b-efa55445d54b

Unlike the widget, the application can stay open as long as you want, making it perfect for longer, more detailed instructions.

The widget will stick around since it's quick-access make its better for glanceable information, like checking a phone number or a small reminder.

As part of the launch of the application, the 'syncing' behavior was changed slightly. Rather than constantly poll the server, a new 'Sync' option was added to the menu. This lets you manually sync down notes whenever you want. Both the app and widget will still auto-sync once on load so you shouldn't need to manually sync all that often.

Feel free to leave any feedback/bug reports here, or at [email][email protected][/email].

Thanks!
  • Note2Watch 0.4.1 released

Hi all,

Just wanted to announce the latest update to Note2Watch, 0.4.1.

The two biggest features are:

1) Unicode support (finally!)
    2) Support for additional devices

Enjoy!
  • 1.0 Released (Finally!)

Hi all,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that 1.0 of Note2Watch was just released. Some of the highlights are:

* Support for all Connnect IQ devices currently available (Note2Watch on bike computers too!)
    * Font size is now configurable directly on the watch (no need to use the server)
    * Better rendering of text on round watches (uses all available space, not just an inscribed rectangle)
    * Smoother scrolling
    * Page numbers
    * Progress bar
    * Some support for right-to-left languages, autodetection and right justification
    * Numerous bug fixes and performance improvements

This is a big update that's been in the works--on and off-- for about a year. Hope you all enjoy!

Thanks!

-Rick
  • I'm looking for the best options for my business in terms of payments. Honestly, all this seems quite complicated. What solutions could you recommend? Are there any convenient platforms or applications that facilitate this process, especially for someone with a business perspective like mine? I'd like to find a method that doesn't require deep technical knowledge, yet ensures the security and transparency of transactions. Thanks in advance for any advice and recommendations!