Where is the best place to report bugs in the forum software?

I'm currently having trouble with formatting text in replies on the new forum. When I enter the reply an orange box appears saying something like "an error was encountered, please contact your administrator". In particular this is happening for me today when I use underline, or indent, or try and paste in a picture. But some of these things have worked in the past. Thanks!

• Why not here? Here's a couple:

- Editor is severely limited in mobile:

• Can't post links or code

- Reply notifications not sent (outside of bug reports forum):

• This means that users have to use @-mentions if they want to be sure the person they're replying to knows they replied. Unfortunately the UX for @-mentions is broken (see below)
    • Because of this, if someone replies to an old reply in a long discussion, and someone makes a new top-level reply, the first reply will basically be lost forever, unless they used @-mentions.
      • For example, someone recently replied to a 4-month old reply in an app support thread. I made a top-level reply after that. Now the "latest reply" link in the thread list will point to my reply. Since nobody gets notified, nobody will see the first reply. To get around this, I replied to the first reply and added @-mentions just to be nice.

- @-mentions are broken:

• They don't work unless you click on the name from the pop-up autocomplete list
      • If you type too fast, the autocomplete list never pops up
      • If you type "@somebody" before existing text, the pop up never appears (and part of your existing text is erased), so it's very awkward to add one at the beginning of a line. You have enter the @-mention by itself on a blank line before the existing line, then delete the line break between the two lines
    • They're displayed as a link without the "@" so it's not clear to other users how to type them
  • Underline and indent continue to not work in the post I am trying to edit, but I have managed to insert 1 (small) PNG image file. Trying to insert a second image file, or even the same image file a second time doesn't work. So no idea what is going on ...

• Now even pasting in some unformatted text as a whole reply doesn't work ...

My test text can get as far as "inactivity:" and that works. I add 2 more characters to make "inactivity: 60" and that doesn't work. I change it to "inactivity: app" (just as a weird test!) and now it does work … so it's not to do with number of characters. I've made much longer formatted posts anyway.

So in my case could it be some spam/junk filter picking up wrong posts?!

• Here's another couple:

- In mobile (e.g. iPad/iPhone), when you click on the autocomplete pop-up for @-mentions, the keyboard goes away. Combined with the fact that the popup only appears when there's no other text following cursor, and combined with the next bug below, this makes it very cumbersome to use @-mentions in mobile

- In mobile (e.g. iPad/iPhone) , when you insert an @-mention link or a quote (which appears as a grey box), it's hard to position the cursor after the grey box if it's the last thing in the editor. Even if you manage to do so, then the next thing you type will erase the grey box

TL;DR writing a post in mobile doesn't seem to work well if you want to use @-mentions or quotes.

• Not getting notifications is a pretty big one really - just happened on a reply to a post of mine. (Not that you will ever see this Stuck out tongue)

• Deleting replies is very finicky -- when you click on the delete button to confirm, there is absolutely no indication that the deletion is in progress, but it takes several seconds to complete. This is unfortunate, because when the forum is slow and/or the user's internet is bad, then deletion will fail without any indication unless you wait about 30 seconds for it to time out.

IOW, anything that takes longer than half a second, such as deleting a reply, should have some kind of visual progress indication (like a spinner or some other animation), so the user knows something is happening and things aren't just broken.

Editing a reply almost has the same problem -- sometimes it takes a few seconds for the process to complete, and you can't tell if anything's happening in the meantime.

Contrast this was posting a reply -- in that case there's a little animation to let you know something is happening.

• This is more of a UX issue: when inserting an image, there's no obvious way to use the original size (other than typing in the resolution manually). I just discovered that you can blank out the height and width, and that will use the original size.

To me this is important because some images have text that can't be read at the default resolution of 320 x 240.

It would be a lot nicer if there were a checkbox or button to insert an image with its original size, as the current method is not intuitive at all.

• That's a nice trick - I didn't know you could do that either ...

• Also seems to really dislike open bracket and number combinations:

"(60" - currently not allowed (but here it works in this post!!!)

"(at 60" - currently not allowed

"[60" - square bracket ok

Edit:

"(12" - not allowed

"[12" - square bracket ok

• Hi, is it on purpose that I can't edit my posts on Connect IQ Bug Reports sub-forum?