Sales Report Missing Transparency In Charges

I have concerns regarding the lack of transparency in the Garmin Sales Report process, especially concerning the financial transactions and charges involved.

While I understand that Garmin takes a 15% cut of sales, by the time the funds appear in my bank account, the deductions exceed 25%. I can only assume that this difference may be due to foreign exchange conversion fees or other hidden charges. However, there is no clear breakdown or display of these charges, leaving me unable to validate whether the amounts deducted from my earnings are accurate or acceptable.

Furthermore, my app pricing is advertised in AUD across all stores. I’ve checked both the German and US stores, and the pricing is still displayed in AUD rather than in Euros or USD. This leads me to believe that customers’ credit cards are being charged directly in AUD. If that’s the case, why is there a need for any foreign exchange conversion fee at all? Without proper transparency, this is just an assumption.

As developers, we deserve transparency and a detailed explanation of all financial transactions affecting our payouts. Currently, the lack of clarity creates confusion and distrust. I urge Garmin to provide a more transparent and itemised breakdown of all fees and charges in the Sales Report.

Garmin, please address this issue and offer a clearer, more transparent process so developers can better understand and trust the financial side of our partnership with you.

Rick