Uninstall a watch face

Many users (newbies) write bad reviews or send messages to developers because they can't uninstall a watch face.

They don't know that they should first choose a different watch face using the watch menu before they try to uninstall using the Garmin Connect mobile app.

The error message shown on the app also doesn't help or point them to the right direction. It simply says "Unable to delete watch face".

Some of them even think we programmed this "feature" on purpose. It's pretty frustrating.

But their point of view is quite understandable: if they are able to install a watch face using only the app on their phone without touching their watches, they should also be able to uninstall it without touching their watches.

I'm sorry to say, fellows at Garmin, but this is bad engineering. It isn't users' fault or stupidity. And it isn't our fault either. So I have to conclude that it's your fault and I kindly ask you to find a solution.

I have two pretty simple suggestions:
1) improve the error message
2) if the watch face that the user is trying to uninstall is selected, automatically send a message to the watch to switch it to the first stock watch face (just as when a CIQ watch face crashes), and perform the uninstall.
  • Simple way to make it work with a phone is to switch to another watch face before you try to delete one.  Deleting it while it's running is what complicates things. 

• I can't uninstall the Face It watchface, first I had the app and had to change to the one in de Connect IQ store. So I did but I don't want the watchface any more but can't get it out of my Garmin Forerunner 645 music. There is no uninstall or delete or something. 

• "They don't know that they should first choose a different watch face using the watch menu before they try to uninstall using the Garmin Connect mobile app."

• I am not a fool, I understand that you can't delete it if it's the current watchface, but there is now way to uninstall the watchface. I never used the lousy watchface and you can't delete it, neither from the watch as from your mobile in the Connect IQ app.

Face It sucks as watchface with your own foto as clock. 

• Hi guys, uninstalling a watch face from your Garmin is possible. You only have to:

1) Choose a different watch face using your watch menu before you try to uninstall the watch face (watch face in use can't be uninstalled).

2) Switch on your bluetooth devices (watch and mobile phone) and wait for pairing.

3) Go into Garmin Connect app.

4) Select 'Garmin Devices' from the sidebar menu.

5) Select your watch from the devices list (you may have only one...).

6) Select 'Activities & App Management'.

7) Select 'Watch Faces'.

8) Select from the list the watch face that you want to uninstall.

9) Press 'Uninstall' word.

10) Sync your device.