What does "Pips" CPU benchmark stand for?

I found this app that runs some benchmarks for the device and shows some CPU performance measures: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/7d836871-cf67-4963-b56b-1d81a7808ba0

I am trying to understand the meaning of the results. It uses a metric called "Pips". But what exactly does it mean in traditional terms? The traditional CPU performance metric I have heard before are FLOPS (floating point operations per second) and MIPS (million instructions per second). If Pips is like MIPS, then I don't know what prefix P stands for. And the description of the app says calculations Pi per second (Pi as in 3.14... ?), which still doesn't make total sense to me.

I would appreciate clarification, thank you!
  • This is a case where it's probably best to use 'Contact Developer" to ask what the number means and how it's calculated.

BTW, it like the Tree Benchmark are measuring performance of a CIQ app and can vary based on the device FW, version of Connect IQ on the watch, etc, and isn't raw HW performace, and won't show performance outside of CIQ for native apps/widgets. They also run as a watch-app, and may not reflect things in a watchface, for example.
  • This App is mine. Pips stands for Pi Per Second. Value means how many Pi calculations with the predefined precision can be calculated using 2 different algorithms. One function uses double precision (i.e. 1.0d), second one is regular (1.0). Of course first value is less than second.