[Feature Request]

Hi,

is it possible to expose Calender Events via API? Internally this seems to be available as the stock Garmin watch faces (or some of them) are able to show the next meeting time. I have not found anything in the API to get this information. For my use case I would need all event for the current day.

Thanks!

Bye
  • The calendar events that you are seeing are all from the mobile connection provided by Garmin Connect Mobile. This isn't something that ConnectIQ apps have access to. That said, the data you want should be accessible via the Toybox.Communications module...

If you want the app to access the calendar on the mobile device, you'd need to write an iOS/Android app to expose the calendar information to your ConnectIQ app and then you'd implement a ConnectIQ app to read and show this data.

If you don't want to build an additional app to run on the mobile device, you should be able access calendar data exposed by various web services (Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar, ...). This would require that the user have a calendar stored on the web and an active internet connection on your bluetooth connected mobile device.

It isn't ideal, but it is possible...

Travis
  • In deed, this is not ideal at all.

As the data seems to be there already it shouldn't be such a big deal to create an API (e.g. EventsIterator) that allows accessing the calendar instead of implementing "workarounds" that do double work.

Maybe Garmin will take it into consideration.

Thanks!

Bye
  • Hey,

I like the idea. I don't know how much traction it will get, but I have put in a feature request for you.

Thanks,
    -Coleman
  • Hey,

I like the idea. I don't know how much traction it will get, but I have put in a feature request for you.

Thanks,
    -Coleman

Greatly appreciated, big thanks!

Bye
  • Hey,

Thanks,
    -Coleman

Any update on the above?

I'm absolutely loving the "Next Calendar Event" widget on the stock watchface but would really like to also have it on custom faces.

How can developers display that field?
  • I would love to have access to the "Next Calendar Even" like the stock watch face for my connect IQ faces. Those are also smart watches after all!
    Can we make the request again?
  • With the release of new devices, is there any chance to get movement on this?