Does startUserReview() work?

Hi,

I implemented startUserReview() when a user has spent some time and completed a reasonable level of interaction with the app and was expecting an uptick in reviews… but don’t see any.

I tested myself and see the on-watch “stars” review screen pop-up OK and then a bit of confusion when asked if I want to enter a comment: this invokes an additional on-phone CIQ connection page which I cancelled (not allowed to review our own solutions; it’s in the T’s and Cs)… so if someone complete a “stars” review, indicates to add more info but cancels that stage, should the “stars” review still be submitted without comment?

I see nothing coming through in the reviews.

So I added an info log to a release and I see that I have 10+ people per day responding to a confirmation prompt to review which will show the startUserReview() but still nothing added to my review tallies for days and days now.

So does startUserReview() really work beyond showing the “stars” UI?  I appreciate there was a several-hour timeout on CIQ yesterday but the observed pattern/question stands.

Top Replies

  • It's an open forum. So, you might get things you haven't asked for.

    All types of response welcome and appreciated. Any conversation is better (including for future search and lookup…

  • you seem to think there is no possible downside

    It’s a good, healthy, rigorous debate that is opening far more thoughts and angles than I expected.

    But in response to the line above…

All Replies