Localize application for watches.

Inside project directory structure we can meet name like: resources-*** (for example resources-eng).

Does it mean that we can use localization strings?
So user will see localized text in view depending on lang settings in device?

If it is possible then where I can read about that?
How to specify language for simulator?
  • Inside project directory structure we can meet name like: resources-*** (for example resources-eng).

Does it mean that we can use localization strings?
    So user will see localized text in view depending on lang settings in device?

If it is possible then where I can read about that?
    How to specify language for simulator?

Look for the programmer's guide in the sdk folder.
  • It is possible. Language is selected by device from available resources. Default language is English.

You can find examples in SDK:
    connectiq-sdk-win-2.2.2\samples\Strings\

All string resources and .mc files must be in UTF-8. I strongly recommend to set up in Eclipse this codepage for any project you make.

Simulator has a lot of options to set up under the Settings menu.
  • I am not sure I follow the programmer guide.

According to it it should as simple as 

WatchUi.loadResource(Rez.Strings.MyLabel)

and select the right label if the xml is present in the resource folder. When I shoot the simulator though, I see it always in the default language rather than in the one selected.

Any thoughts on why?

Thanks!

• Did you add the language to your project settings (in manifest.xml)?

In VS Code: CTRL/CMD-SHIFT-P > Monkey C: Edit Languages

In Eclipse: Right-click on project folder > properties > connect IQ > configure app > languages

• Take a look at the strings sample in the SDK.  It shows how this all works.  Note. mot all languages are available in the sim Try things like spanish and french first.

• Thanks FlowState & Jim, not sure how I ended it up not saving the language in manifest.xml. All clear now.