Question to Activity.WorkoutStep

I‘m working on a datafield for displaying WorkoutStep data, such as Type, Duration, ValueHigh, ValueLow, and so on…

My datafield is working fine so far, and I get all data to show for primary target.

My question: Is there a way to get data for secondary target ?

I‘m studying the API documentation up and down (it is not so much Joy) - but to no avail. I cannot find anything about secondary target data…

Can anybody help me, please?

• I don't have any experience with this, but according to this post:

- secondary target is not displayed on all Garmin devices

- there's a CIQ data field called Training Edge that displays a custom secondary target which is manually specified by the user via the training notes. In one of the reviews, the developer states the real secondary target is not available from the API, so that probably confirms your suspicions

• Yes! Thank you for pointing me to the Training Edge datafield. That makes it clear!

Strange enough… Garmin implements Workout in SDK - but only for primary targets. For indoor trainers, that makes it useless, if you use other primary targets but power, because for every other target like Heartrate, Cadence, Speed or what ever, you need a secondary target for power/resistance to perform the workout. Grimacing

I'm just starting out with indoor workouts - so far I've only done videos with my Tacx. When I read the reviews for Training Edge - it seems some users do interval workouts outdoor? On normal streets with traffic? I cannot imagine to do that…

• When I read the reviews for Training Edge - it seems some users do interval workouts outdoor? On normal streets with traffic? I cannot imagine to do that…

I'm not a cyclist but I can tell you that runners will do interval workouts in cemeteries and residential streets (when a track isn't convenient), and my local cemetery has signs asking cyclists not to race or train.... The same cemetery gets complaints about running groups all the time, too.

• Strange enough… Garmin implements Workout in SDK - but only for primary targets

Yeah it’s hard to tell whether this kind of limitation in CIQ is due to apathy or a deliberate choice to cripple CIQ functionality compared to native functionality. I’ve leaned towards the latter in the past, but who knows. Could be a combo of both.

I guess it doesn’t really matter why. What matters is the reality that CIQ will never be able to do as much as native Garmin stuff.