How to debug simulator crash with new SDK 7.3

I have an app which worked in the simulator up through SDK 7.2.1. Now with 7.3.0 it updates twice, then just dies. No errors, just the usual microsoft unapologetic window disappearing and nothing else. Short of adding a bunch of logging statements or stepping through the program one line at a time, is there an actual quick way to see what is causing the crash? A bug report won't be of much use if I can't add more than "it crashed and that's all I have".

• Just wanted to share that you are not alone. The simulator was crashing constantly for me after upgrading to 7.3. 

I was able to step through the debugger until it crashed. 

To be clear for all readers: my code didn’t crash. The simulator itself did. 

on top of that, the compiler was giving me errors saying: oh, crap. If you see this, email us  

I filed a bug with Garmin by email. I said please confirm receipt. No response. That was 6 weeks ago.  

• I can now also add that I figured out how to work around the crashing after the second call to onUpdate, but now when I try to view memory it crashes in the same glorious way. It would be helpful if there was an option we could pass through the compiler like "-k" option that starts the profiler that the simulator would get but would cause it to give verbose debug info.