FIT file app or developer identification

Our app is creating FIT files using the Toybox.ActivityRecording module.

When I view a file on Garmin Connect it shows that the file was created with our app.

However decoding the FIT file I don't see where it shows that our app created the FIT file.

The reason we ant to do this is we are using the Garmin API to pull our customers' FIT files across to our own server, and want to filter these out to only use the FIT files created with our app (or using our products ultimately).

So the question is: How can I tell from data in the FIT file whether it was created with our app?

• I just tried out a CIQ device app that records an activity, as well as CIQ data field that adds FIT contributor data (Stryd Zones). The activities in Connect app and website show that the CIQ app in question was used. (The tooltip says "Recorded with: [app name]" even though that's not strictly true in the case of the data field. However, I don't think it matters for your use case that the FIT file doesn't really distinguish between CIQ data fields that merely contribute FIT fields and CIQ apps that record all the FIT data.)

If I open either FIT file in https://www.fitfileviewer.com and enable Developer Mode, I see a row called Developer Data Id which has the information you're looking for:

If I decode one of the files using the FIT SDK's FitToCsv tool, the same information is in the developer_data_id section (click to zoom in):

• This is exactly what I wanted.  Thank you!!