I keep getting a "Device is not set" crash

This one is getting annoying. 

I previously changed the launch.json in accordance with forums.garmin.com/.../vs-code---start-debugging---device-selection

I am trying to learn how to do menu2. I created a basic watch face with options (straight from VS).  I then tried to add a toggle menu option (Jim, your ComplexWF is helpful, but the shorthand and multiple items make it a bit..Complex (haha)).  I can get the app to execute up until the simulator opens and I get a "Device not set" crash error. I only have 1 device as an option.  Usually, when I execute my apps to test, it asks me for the device I want to test.  It is not doing it, just crashing.

Any help?

Thanks

• I have multiple projects (I don't think it's what is called workspace in VSC) open in multiple windows. Even though I do use launch.json I am not sure it's needed to be able to open different folders in different windows. Worth to try, it can help sometimes

• Do you have it also if you try other devices?

Try to do: File > Delete All Apps, and then File > Reset Simulator, then close the simulator window (make sure it is actually closed , meaning for example in Mac sometimes the window disappears but the icon in the dashboard or whatever it's called where we see the icons in the bottom of the screen it's still there and has to be quitted by right-click, Force Quit) and then try to run it on the device you want to test.