Back button in Confirmation Delegate

Former Member
Former Member

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to create a confirmation menu that doesn't close the app when you press the back button during confirmation.

I tried popView(...) but it always closes my app.

So I tried that but nothing appends

     function onResponse(response) {
        if (response == WatchUi.CONFIRM_NO) {
            WatchUi.pushView(new WorkView(), new WorkDelegate(true), WatchUi.SLIDE_UP);
            return true;
        }
Does anyone know why and how I should do this ?
Thanks
  • I had a similar issue today. It turned out that at the time the menu's callback is called the menu view is already popped, so all I had to do is "not doing anything" an return. In your case probably you should return true, otherwise the default will close the app.

  • Hi everyone,

    I’m hitting the same issue. Were you able to find a workaround?

    I can confirm it also affects Garmin’s ConfirmationDialog sample included with the SDK.

    What I’m seeing is device-dependent behavior:

    • Instinct 3 Solar (works as expected): pressing BACK closes the confirmation dialog and returns to the previous view (the app stays open).

    • Instinct 3 AMOLED (unexpected behavior): pressing BACK while the confirmation dialog is open closes the entire app, not just the dialog.

    Has anyone found a reliable way to prevent the app from exiting when BACK is pressed on the Confirmation view?

  • I met the same problem today on my Fenix 7X Pro Solar edition. The issue is still exist, although it was reported several years ago. Also the simulator behaivour is different from my watch.

    Please help to find the workaround.

    At this moment I plan to write my own Confirmation dialog view class. 

  • I wrote my own confirmation to work this around.

    Also, you must check what is in your  view stack. For example, my app starts with menu. So, to show confirmation on exit (along with the summary and other whistles) i show a "dummy" view, which pushes a menu view to the stack and on return i show my own confirmation. You can check it in my Windsurf slalom app. if it what you need i can send the code here.

  • Interesting idea to use dummy view. Thank you. Actually I have already solved this task. I just replaced confirmation view with short menu with two options Yes and No. It works as expected, but requires a little bit more code.