Is there any way to remove negative reviews

First of all yes the negative reviews were justified but after I promptly fix the issue and let the person know.

I want to know if I can kind of get the review removed?

Even though I have seven 5 star reviews and one 4 star review, the two 1 star reviews weigh the overall down so much. People don't seem to change their review back even though I fix the issue and let them know.

Is this just the developer life? Do I just have to deal with it and get over it and accept I should've foreseen 100% of issues in my app?

Here is the app I'm referring to: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/

• The thing is that if there are no reviews (with text) for the current version it switches to the "All versions" tab, otherwise the reviews of the "Current version" should be displayed by default.

If you think a review is inappropriate, then the "Flag" button works as intended - it usually gets deleted pretty quickly once someone from Garmin looks over it.

Garmin seem to be very generous about interpreting a reason for deletion (reasonable or not) - currently seeing this in some cases from developers where justified bad reviews are deleted anyway.

Personally, I only use it to have insults removed, which unfortunately sometimes happen. Otherwise you have no choice but to refer to the "Contact Developer" button everywhere for reporting problems.

• they removed it :)

• Has anyone successfully had inappropriate reviews removed recently?
    I've flagged some reviews in the last two weeks, but none of them have been removed yet.
    From impossible hardware restrictions to well-known bugs with the ConnectIQ app, the reasons are varied...

• Reviews like that I use as a "learning experience" for others, where I'll point out the things you mention, and also reference "Contact developer" with questions (though that seems to be broken right now - see https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/i/bug-reports/bug-contact-developer-in-the-web-store-can-t-fill-the-message-field)

The only times I'd tried to remove a review was when it was for a completely different app, but haven't had one of those in a long time.

• Unfortunately, such reviews often have a deterrent effect on other users and are exaggerated. Sometimes even insulting.
    I usually comment in a similar way to you, but such reviews are still very annoying and regularly appear even if you have already commented before.

In the past, these were always - rightly - deleted on request. Only recently this no longer seems to work. At least for me.

• You're right, my app mentioned in the original description of this thread I tried yo get the 1 star reviews removed since theyr irrelevant now that I've fixed the issue but garmin hasn't removed them. Before the website update they did remove irrelevant reviews so clearly something changed since

• If it's mentioning a bug in an older version then it's not irrelevant. You can reply to it and let them know it's fixed and ask them to write a new review for the newest version

• Ah yeah it's more that the app doesent work on the device they were using and I removed that device from the compatible devices. So for them it's not fixed but also I feel like their review is no longer relevant because if the change.

• So it's not fixed at all.

• Listen it worked on the simulator for that device, but clearly not the device itself, I'm not going to buy one of that specific device just to get it fixed for those few people. I think it's pretty fair to have those reviews removed in this case since I removed the device from the compatible device list