Face It and CIQ Complications

In the 6.4.0 announcement there is the Face It update that can use complications published by CIQ.  I have a couple publishers, so thought I'd give it a try..  Here's a screen shot of my first try

You create the WF in the CIQ Mobile App.  I use the Android Version.  I used my Weather Underground app as the publisher.

The box is because when I publish the temperature I include the degree symbol and it seems the font used by Face It doesn't have that character.  For now, I stopped including it when I publish

I'm thinking that Face It might want to include a bit of space between the complication icon and the value.  It looks a bit crammed together now.

My publishers have a background service that requests data every 15 minutes (the default) and then publishes the new data, but with the Face It watch face, you only see the update if you leave the watch face and come back.  My own watch faces that use the sample complication work fine and updates when it should, so it may be the Face It version isn't subscribing to updates, but just showing the value when the watch faces starts.

I used one of the stock background images in Face It and picked one that wasn't too colorful....

Anyway, just my first impressions!

• very nice! I Assume your publisher updates in a background process (from a super app or widget). Do you have to open that super app or widget to start the publishing background service, or does it somehow starts buy itself? Thanks!   

• See my response in the other thread.

• Just as a test, I used a different background and layout, and added my second publisher..  I may need to do a bit of work on the icon for OWM..

• I would not expect you to need to display the degree symbol as I'd think this is something that the Face It app should display. If you are displaying a temperature, I'd expect you to use UNIT_TEMPERATURE for the units, and this should then be converted if appropriate and displayed "with the appropriate unit abbreviation".

I guess this is not working though, since if I publish a temperature as centigrade as expeced, when I change the units on my watch to Fahrenheit, the number is not being converted. It's as if it does not realise it's a temperature. Maybe this is why the unit abbreviation is not shown. I'll log a bug.

•  What version of the Garmin Connect IQ app do you have for Android? And what Garmin device/firmware do you have? I don't see any complications functionality on my Connect IQ app (v 2.25) for my Epix 2 (latest stable). My METAR widget should provide a complication and for thoroughness I also tried installing your OWM Weather widget but neither seem to offer any additional functionality for me.

• v2.25 on android.  What happens when you tap on Face it on the bottom row?  Could be you need a beta version of FW on the epix 2

• What happens when you tap on Face it on the bottom row?

I can create Face It watch faces. But creating a new face (or editing an existing one) only shows three tabs (watch face design, paint bucket, and hand styles) plus an icon in the upper right to change the background image. How are you adding complications?

Could be you need a beta version of FW on the epix 2

14.68 was released for the Epix 2 just over a month ago and nothing in the latest beta releases mentions complications. What device are you running?

• One is a fr955 with 17.22 FW right now.  The latest beta FW.

With face it and a device that has complications available, it first tells you it's updating face it and installs a WF on the device that I think looks for CIQ publishers.

If you don't want to use beta FW, you might need to wait until it goes public.

I don't see anything about face it in the 955 change logs, but they rarely say much about CIQ at all.

• One is a fr955 with 17.22 FW right now.  The latest beta FW.

Ah, okay. I don't see anything about complications in the FR955 beta changelog either. Might be a "secret" change.

How do you add the complications? Is there a new tab on the Face It app? Can you share a screenshot of the Connect IQ app on your Android?

• I never used face it before this, but what I see is a box at the bottom with a + to add a new one, and then a couple I made before.  If I edit one I had, I see this.  CompPub is one of my publishers.