Connecting a phone using a resolvable private address to an Edge X30 GPS

I want to use my phone to send HR data to my cycling head unit over BLE. I have written an app on my phone which sends the data as a heart rate monitor. However, there is a difference since smartphones are using resolvable private addresses for privacy reasons. The privacy feature require BLE 4.2 as written in the Bluetooth Core specification.

I tried to pair my phone with the head unit, it is detected as a HRM but then it never connects. I think this may be because an IRK (resolving identity key). Are X30 Edge units compatible with BLE 4.2?

Then I tried with Jim's BLE scanner Connect IQ app. My device get found (advertising data is recveived), but then I am unable to connect as well. Does anyone have an idea about how I could proceed to connect my phone to my GPS over BLE?

Thank you very much

• Where is the phone getting it's HR data you want to send to the edge?  If it's an external band, can't you just pair that directly to the edge?  If it's a garmin watch and you have WHR, you can broadcast that HR data from the watch and then pair the watch with the edge for HR data.  I'm not sure how the phone needs to be involved or where it's getting data.

• The phone need to be involved since I not only want to get HR but also other data. The HR can come from the optical sensor of the phone (you can put your finger on it) or from another sensor which uses a RPA as well... I would like to display all the data coming from the phone into a data field on the Edge unit...