FitContribution: How to show states in charts, as it's done with "Run/Walk"

Hello,

on the Garmin website/in the app, there is a Activity chart called "Run/Walk" which shows 3 states (Idle, Walk and Run), and each state is colored differently (the first chart):

I'm reading data ("Mode") from a BLE device (the second chart in the screenshot), and I want to visualize the 3 possible options in the same way. Unfortunately, the available data types are only different numbers and their units, but I don't see an option to specify that "0 equals standby; 1 equals manual; 2 equals automatic". Beside that, it's only possible to define only one color per chart.

Does anyone know if that's possible?

Thanks!

Many regards,
Jens

• Unfortunately, that's not possible.

You could change your data label to help the user: e.g. "WalkingPad Mode (0: standby, 1: manual, 2: automatic)"

It's not a perfect solution, but it might be a workable compromise.

• Hello,

that's a great idea, but unfortunately Garmin only allow 30 characters as chart title:

WARNING: 'chartTitle' references a string ('FitFieldModeTitle'=>'WalkingPad Mode (0: standby, 1: manual, 2: automatic)') in the language 'DEFAULT' which is longer than the allowed 
    length of '30'. The value will be truncated.

Many regards,
    Jens

• Ah, should've guessed there'd be a length limit :/. What's the limit on the length of the units text?

"0:standby, 1:manual, 2:auto" is 28 characters.

You could also try to set a session field, with a string value that that explains the chart numbers (probably the least appealing option, since it won't appear in the same part of the UI as the graph.)

e.g.

WalkingPad Modes: "0: standby, 1: manual, 2: auto"

• Hello,

I like your first idea better. I've changed it slightly to "Mode (0: Standby, 1: M, 2: A)". Since the treadmill also shows "M" and "A" the user should know what it means. That's 29 characters - and even with the german translation "Modus" it fits into the 30 characters limit. :-)

Many regards,
    Jens