How to override drawable resources & layouts for a barrel?

There is a lot of documentation on how to do this effectively for apps. However I have a barrel that will display an image as it is loading up which was designed for the 240x240 pixel screens. When I attempt to use this barrel on a device with a 280x280 pixel screen it is off center and just looks like garbage. It seems like during the building of the barrel I am able to define devices, but it still only generates a single barrel. I figured the resource overriding would have trickled through to the app compiling but it doesn't look like I'm having much joy.

My directory structure for the barrel looks like this:

• /project
    • /resources
      • /drawables
        • drawables.xml
        • splash.png
      • /layouts
        • mainLayout.xml 
    • /resources-round-240x240
      • /drawables
        • splash.png  <--(this is a manually sized version of the same splash in the base resources directory)
      • /layouts
        • mainLayout.xml
    • /resources-round-280x280
      • /drawables
        • splash.png
      • /layouts
        • mainLayout.xml

Running into a small issue with referencing those "splash.png"s with references as well. ALL of the mainLayout.xml's are identical and contain the following:

<layout id="SplashLayout">
<bitmap id="splashscreen" x="0" y="0" filename="../drawables/splash.png" />
<label id="splash_text_1" x="center" y="165" font="Gfx.FONT_SMALL" text="@myGarminAPI.Strings.splashMsg_1" color="Graphics.COLOR_WHITE" justification="Graphics.TEXT_JUSTIFY_CENTER" />
<label id="splash_text_2" x="center" y="190" font="Gfx.FONT_SMALL" text="@myGarminAPI.Strings.splashMsg_2" color="Graphics.COLOR_WHITE" justification="Graphics.TEXT_JUSTIFY_CENTER" />
</layout>

• The drawables.xml in the base resources directory declares those bitmaps with an ID. I'd like to be able to reference that in the splashLayout like I am the Strings resources but I haven't got that reference sorted out just yet.

Back onto my original questions though. Can anyone attest as to whether the overriding resources works when generating a barrel?

• Still not having success at overriding resources in barrels. Has anyone else tried doing this before? 

• Update for any followers:

Managed to get it working. While I was expecting the overridden resources to be taken care of automagically. I had forgotten to make changes to the jungle files in both my app that was using this barrel as well as the barrel's jungle file.