What happened to error logging?

I have been pretty quiet for a few months as the pandemic's cancellation of yacht racing has seriously impacted the use of  my sailing app.

However, I have been busy but the latest update is crashing in the field with this pretty uninformative error log which was captured on a VA-HR running 5.20:

ERROR: Unhandled Exception
DETAILS: NONE
STORE_ID: 74c474f841404794afb7f56817083bd5
CALLSTACK:
UnexpectedTypeException: Expected Number/Float/Boolean/Long/Double, given null
native function
native function
native function

I am going to attempt to reproduce it in the simulator, but what happened to the error logging?

Parents Reply Children
  • (btw - how does one "quote" replies using this interface? 

Highlight the text and there will a "quote" button.

The f5+ has the .yml file (as long as it's on current FW).  What you may be seeing is the ciq_log.bak file.  Once the yml file is sent over to the severs, it becomes a .bak file as an indication it's been sent (this is how ERA gets the files).  Or it could be the .txt is still there from long ago when txt files were used on it.

• I read that there are 2 types of log files. CIQ_LOG.TXT and CIQ_LOG.YML

Under which Version of devices or SDK does the YML file exists? I have a Fenix3 and a Fenix5+ and both of these are still on the CIQ_LOG.txt.

(btw - how does one "quote" replies using this interface? 

Please don't hijack my thread. The issue about .txt and .yml file names has nothing to do with my question. Please start your own thread for your question.