More detail on who is using what?

Is there any way to get a breakdown, even very rough numbers, on what devices people use my datafields on?

Just curious. 

G

• This is a very valid question, not only out of curiosity. If the usage on one or more devices is very limited compared to others I would balance the effort of supporting that device from a development perspective with the usage.

• You have more downloads than me if you can decide per device!

But, yes, for classes of products; I have a hunch that one family of data fields is used primarily by cyclists on Edge devices, which would drive my design in one direction, but I know some runners using them on watches and I don’t know the breakdown. 

• This was probably first requested the first time an app was downloaded from the store, and many times since.

It's possible to get the info but it's a whole lot of work, where you can set up a service and use something like onAppInstall() to send the data to that server, and if you do so, make sure you take GDPR into consideration.

You can get a bit of an idea of what devices are popular with your app based on what devices people note in their "contact developer" messages.