Advice needed for a strange watch behaviour

I have an epix watch that for some reason is not able to display a custom ConnectIQ watchface.

No matter if I side-load the watchface into /garmin/apps or I install a watchface from the app store, the watch is not loading it.

The additional connectIQ watchfaces are visible in the respective settings list, they can be selected there (and they still stay selected on subsequent settings menu entry), but after exiting the settings menu it is the built-in digital watchface that is displayed on the watch.

A device restart doesn't help either.

Is there any advice anyone can give?

Thank you

Nick

• What do you see in garmin/apps/logs/ciq_log.txt?

Sounds like the watch face is crashing.

• It seemed to me that the watchface is not even starting rather then crashing, but there is something in the log that seems related:

Error: Unhandled exception

Details: Failed invoking <symbol>

Store-id: Store ID not found

This is for a simple watchface that I downloaded throught the app store to check behaviour after not being able to successfully load the one I've created and tested in the simulator

• When trying to select my wf the error log is even more interesting

Error: Unexpected type error

Details: Failed invoking <symbol>

Store_id: 00000000000000000000

Callstack:

TVM/api/Ant.mb (initialize:124)

For testing purposes  I've reduced the content to only one drawText in the onUpdate(). Nothing fancy. No functionality that is not supported even in CIQ1.0.0.

I have no idea where this Ant.mb comes from

There's also an odd warning appearing in the log files "Cannot close bike power sensor" that I'm not aware where it originates from and it is been like this from a long time

• When you use "Build for device wizard", make sure you don't have "build release version" checked, and you'll get debug symbols in the prg and should have more info in ciq_log.

• It turned out the problem was in the line that checks whether WatchFace supports onPartialUpdate()

" Toybox.WatchUI.WatchFace has : onPartialUpdate"

On the epix it doesn't and I knew that, but I thought the check with "has" is supposed to work.

The watchface is now working.

Only that mysterious "Cannot close bike power sensor" warning message is still appearing there in the error log file.