Troubleshooting error -1006 - UNABLE_TO_PROCESS_IMAGE

I got an error report from an Edge 1030 user getting error code -1006.  This appears to be a fairly new error code, and definitely he first time I have encountered it.  So what does it mean, and how do I troubleshoot it?

• I don't know about this specific error, but Edge 1030 had problems when images were downloaded from the internet (makeImageRequest) and the color palette was set to a fixed color palette (and a dithering). I had to change it to a full color palette, otherwise the image was not displayed on some devices.

• Thanks for the feedback.  I have not experienced that issue.  I am doing some palette limits on the watches to control memory usage, I am not doing anything with regards to limiting the images on the Edge devices.  So this error took me by surprise.

• The error -1006 means that we received a response for the image, but the image data could not be processed by the device. There isn't really a good way for you to debug this without intercepting the network traffic and decoding the response.

I happened to be looking at an issue in this area of the code and I found a few issues that could cause this error to appear unexpectedly. Without more information about what the original problem was it is difficult to say I've fixed the issue reported to you, but...

• Travis, Thanks for the response.  Recently I updated my Edge 830 to the latest beta and started seeing this error message or my radar widget just waiting for an image download as if it never received a response to initiate the call back to a makeImageRequest ().  I opened a bug report to the edge beta team, but they have not been able to reproduce it.  Glad to hear you may have found something, but it sounds like it could be a while before it makes it into FW.  

I am going to keep trying different configurations with my setup since I see similar but slightly different behaviors on my Edge with beta 5.26 and my wife's Edge with FW 5.10.

The funny thing is I have been able to get both to work properly once out of 10-15 tries.  Usually after a reboot.

• One of the issues we addressed was causing this error to occur over WiFi connections. The change that we made should have resolved the issue immediately.

• The Edge beta team reached out to me about the WiFi fix and it did solve the problem I was seeing on my Edge devices. 

Many thanks for the bug squashing efforts.