Temporarily show the watch face from an application?

Hi everyone,

From a watch application, is there a way to display the current watch face and then start a timer to go back to the application after a defined timeout?

I know how to work the timer part but I have no idea how to put the application aside to display the watch face... is that possible?

Thanks a lot!

• Showing a watch face while running a CIQ device app varies by device.  On devices with hotkeys, if one is assigned to "widgets", that will show a native WF (actually the whole widget loop).  And there are ways on some other devices to access the widget loop.

When doing so, your app continues to run, and It doesn't time out to go back you a view in your app.

There's no way to put a CIQ app "aside" (so it's not running) and display a WF, as can be done with "Resume later" in native apps.

What is your use case?  What are you trying to make happen?

• Hi Jim,

I had someone ask if I could implement a button on my watch app where it would take the person back to the watch face for a moment and then back to the app after a timeout. It would be a way for him to use the application in foreground with the ability to have some of the extra info from his watch face from time to time. That interaction on the Fenix 3 / Fenix 5 is not that bad... back, back, see the watch face then enter, enter to go back to the app. Its still more than just a single button press.

Its alright, I just wanted to get an idea of whether or not that was possible, thanks for the info!

• Depending on the info they want to see, the easiest thing might be just to display that info in your app itself.  My hiking and walking apps display things like steps/floors/active minutes for example.