watchface current location access bug for forerunner 945

Hi,

I have some code that relies on getting access to the location.  I used to retirived the location using the following code:

var loc = Toybox.Activity.getActivityInfo().currentLocation;

This used to work just fine but for some reasons, it doesn't work for the Forerunner 945...  But still works for other devices AND the simulator( for testing the 945 ).  This is currently affecting all my faces relying on this data.

I was wondering if other devs are doing this differently or they are having the same issue?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

• Seems there's a FW bug on the 245 and 945.  The watchface can only get the location while GPS is actually running.

So, what you do is start up something with GPS ("run" for example) and get a GPS fix.  Instead of exiting, long press "Up" to get to the settings menu.  Press down until you get to "watch face", and press the upper right button, and you'll see your WF.  You can then back all the way out and you'll have a location.

• Thanks for the quick reply!!!  I will fwd that to my users.  I have some users that reported not having this issue with some other faces...  Do you know if there is another way to access the location?

• I know of a couple were you set the location using app settings with a default if that's not set.   I've sent what I posted to a few users already and they said it worked for them.