Hourly Chime Fenix 3/5

Hello! In our rather steep hours, there is no elementary function with hours for $ 10. This is both funny and insulting. I think there is nothing difficult to add to the new firmware 2 lines of code, allowing the clock to notify about the onset of a new hour. It's funny that this elementary, but very necessary function Garmin can not realize for 2 years already. With her, my watch would be perfect. And so, apparently the next clock will not be from Garmin.
  • Why is it so necessary? I can't think of any reason why. I'd be happy to support your request if you would let me know how having this functionality will radically affect my life with my Garmin device and make it so important.
  • Why is it so necessary? I can't think of any reason why. I'd be happy to support your request if you would let me know how having this functionality will radically affect my life with my Garmin device and make it so important.

1. This option is available for almost all (even the cheapest) electronic watches. This is the basic function of any electronic clock, comparable to, for example, an alarm clock. It's funny that Garmin does not have it. It's terrible even from the point of view of prestige.

2. While working in the office, a small sound with a warning about the beginning of a new hour is a trivial convenience, so as not to look at the clock, if something is to be expected.
    3. Everyone uses the clock in accordance with their script. Some people like the appearance, someone's sports component, someone's reliability and work in extreme conditions. But! If Garmin releases a universal watch, it should take into account the wishes of the majority of users (the topic of this notification is not available, people write and support and even on the official Facebook page)
    If you do not need it, this does not mean that it is not necessary for everyone. The choice should be.

The display of seconds on the dial is also not for everyone, but there is an option with a choice.
  • I would be happy if this option was
  • I looks like Garmin hasn't made the Beep/Vibrate API available to Watch Face.
  • 1. This option is available for almost all (even the cheapest) electronic watches. This is the basic function of any electronic clock, comparable to, for example, an alarm clock. It's funny that Garmin does not have it. It's terrible even from the point of view of prestige.

Apple Watch doesn't have it. Now I know what I'm missing.

While working in the office, a small sound with a warning about the beginning of a new hour is a trivial convenience, so as not to look at the clock, if something is to be expected.

Can't think of anything worse than the sound of hundreds of chimes going off every hour. There's a reason why this
    very necessary function
    was removed from most watches.

should take into account the wishes of the majority of users

By ignoring the request of the one or two interested parties in this thread, Garmin clearly are taking notice of the majority of users.
  • Apple Watch doesn't have it. Now I know what I'm missing.

Can't think of anything worse than the sound of hundreds of chimes going off every hour. There's a reason why this was removed from most watches.

By ignoring the request of the one or two interested parties in this thread, Garmin clearly are taking notice of the majority of users.

Geez, why does it bother you so much? Are you the only developer on the planet that you are constantly rant about this on all the hourly chime topics? This forum is called APP Ideas and obviously its not for you, so why do you come here? There are people who would like to have an hourly chime/vibration for whatever reasons. You sound like communist agitator who has to have a control on what people should like and what not, either way you have to have a control over it. There are night guards working at shifts, doctors, people taking medications, teachers getting into their hourly lessons etc. I can go on and on. So what is your point. You do not like it, ignore the thread. This is about choice, function you can switch on and off, with vibration option in case the user would prefer that.

Apple watch does not have it, but there are apps on the iOS which do chime and the watch will follow on notification and chime as well.

I just checked the DC Suunto Watch recommendation and after many years looked at the Suunto APP webpage and found quite a few hourly chime apps.
    It would be great Garmin does indeed re-think this one again, or at least make the sound/vibration accessible for developer.
  • The Attention Module isn't available to watchfaces, and per garmin, there's no drive to change that. (battery is a reason here) A watch-app could be written that looks like a a watch face with any "bells and whistles" you want. To date, no one must have seen the need to develop such a watch-app, and there are only occasional requests for it. Can you set alarms on your phone and get a notification each hour or something?
  • jim_m_58: Can you set alarms on your phone and get a notification each hour or something?

...yes, I can. I have a chime every hour with the help of soft named Automagic on Android. 

Is this still not possible on Garmin? Something has changed over the past two years? Still can't cause a short vibration from backgrounds?

• Completely agree; would love to see this on the forerunner 245

• completely agree!  would love to see on the forerunner 245