HRM-Run Strap Battery Level

Hi forum,
Is it possible to display estimated remaining battery as % or days:hours:minutes. I have been caught out a couple of times when the watch couldn't connect the strap, got home, replaced battery, connects ok. There seems to be no indication or warning on the watch (mine's a FR630) about strap battery life.

I'd love to hear if any app developers can do this, or if other users have the same issue/requirement.
Thanks!
  • You can check the battery level on your fr630 by tapping Menu > Settings > Sensors and Accessories > {HRM} > About and then swiping down one page. It displays the battery status with a word (OK is shown on my screen right now). I do agree that this is a lot of tapping, but this does get what you are asking for.

The battery status of the HRM isn't available directly through the ConnectIQ API, so the only way to get it is to establish an ANT+ connection from the ConnectIQ app to the HRM. It is my understanding that this won't work if the HRM is currently paired with your watch. If this is the case, you'd have to unpair the HRM, then switch to the widget to see the battery level, then re-pair. It doesn't seem that this would really be a useful workflow.

Travis
  • Thanks

Thanks TRAVIS. Very useful info.

I had forgotten about the status indicator you mentioned, probably because it is a lot of tapping as you say, but also because it doesn't give any warning that I am aware of. Maybe I will just make a habit of checking regularly, maybe it goes OK->LOW before it eventually cannot connect.
  • I just replaced the battery on a HRM-Tri. When I checked the status on my Fenix 3HR, it said OK. But what are the actual different status levels? I'm pretty sure I checked less then a month ago and it also said 'OK'. But then less then a month later I got a warning 'Low battery'.
  • Great info.  Worked perfectly.  Thanks 

• My heart rate strap failed today. Worked okay yesterday, today nothing at all...

It was on factory battery for a couple of years, and I do use the strap 8-10 hours a week (each week). So i replaced the battery on my return, all okay now.

But when I check the About page of the strap on my Fenix 7, the it says - - at battery. All fields are like that, except for ID and technology.

How to check battery level then?