Record speed, distance, heart rate and calories while horseback riding WITHOUT counting steps and floors climbed to avoid distorting my statistics

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to display speed, distance, etc., and record my heart rate and calories burned during horseback riding WITHOUT counting steps and floors climbed. Counting steps and floors while horseback riding completely skews my personal stats since I'm not the one walking.

Creating an "Other" activity doesn't allow choosing whether to record steps and heart rate or not; by default, everything is recorded, which distorts my data.

I know it's possible to manually stop and resume activity tracking, but this is tedious and also stops heart rate recording and calorie counting, further distorting my stats.

Is there an existing solution to stop step counting and continue heart rate recording during an activity?

Alternatively, is it possible to create a "Horseback Riding" activity on Garmin watches, where parameters like speed, distance, heart rate, and calories burned are recorded WITHOUT step and floor counting?

Or simply, could Garmin allow the option to choose whether to record steps and floors climbed for each manually created activity, independently of choosing to record heart rate and calories burned?

• I recommend suggesting Garmin (at Share Ideas | Garmin) to modify their native Horseback activity profile in this way. In the meantime you could record your horseback riding using one of the existing activity profiles suppressing the steps and floors counting. There are numerous ones, but I think Cycling would be the most useful in this case. Once saved and synced, change the activity type to Horseback Riding in Garmin Connect.