Smart charging alert

Pet nuisance with my Garmin watch: battery runtime is so long (good!) that i don't have a reliable charging routine (bad, but infinitely better than shorter runtime). So I get the 10% battery alert more often than I'd like, and it has a habit of coming at the most annoying times. The solution would be a configurable charging alert that is set up with certain times of day (week?) when an alert would be less annoying, and more productive (cable likely at hand). Obviously, the alert would have to already chime in when an earlier threshold (e.g. 20%) is reached during that time window, or has already been reached at the start of the time window.

Does the API provide a way for an app or widget to schedule low frequency checks like that without requiring a data field (would only be active in activity?), complication or watch face?

(yes, this is certainly also a feature suggestion for Garmin, in case someone in the right position reads: a "convenient time for charging alert" setting would be nice to have right out of the box - thanks btw for the "sensor battery low" warning in connect after the activity, that's a huge improvement in the same area)