Merging activities

Idea! Maybe make it possible to merge two following running activities ? I’m using coach running programs, and when I’m done I sometimes want to continue with another program. I would love if it was possible to merge the two in connect iq, or choose it on the watch “continue with this program”.

(venu 2s)

• That's not a task for a Connect IQ app, rather for an external tool, and there are already a number of them available. The easiest is the free File Combiner of the FIT File Tools

• ... otherwise, you can execute two workouts (or two sessions of a Training Plan) in a single activity without any problem - no need for any CIQ app. When done with the 1st workout, simply go to the activity menu (while still in progress) » Training » Workouts » select the 2nd workout » Do Workout.

Alternatively, you can record the two workouts as two separate legs of the same Multisport activity, using the feature Change Sport, selecting Running and the respective workout, each time.

• @trux, launching a second workout is not working for me  What device do you have.Multisport is not possible with Strength training .

Regards 

Eirik 

Garmin Fenix 6X

• I use Instinct 2. Multisport, through "Change Sport" does work on I2. Starting the second workout in a single leg may not be possible, though, although I'd almost bet I already did it in the past with Running. Just tested it now on I2, and could not start the 2nd workout. However, no problem starting another Multisport leg neither from Running nor from Strength.