QR-Code Widget or APP that works offline

Finally a reliable working (offline!) QR code Widget or APP, so you can prove your Corona vaccination status (Covid Green Pass) would be great. The already offered Widget or APPs do not work reliably or only with a cell phone connection.

• i was thinking in a similar direction. for QR and bar codes where you could upload images to a folder/wallet on your watch

• i was thinking in a similar direction. for QR and bar codes where you could upload images to a folder/wallet on your watch

The problem is that Connect IQ apps don't have access to the file system, so you'd have to sync over the internet to transfer images. (Which might be a privacy problem for Covid QR codes.)

Finally a reliable working (offline!) QR code Widget or APP, so you can prove your Corona vaccination status (Covid Green Pass) would be great. The already offered Widget or APPs do not work reliably or only with a cell phone connection.

I'm curious about this as I haven't tried them. Don't they just require a sync for the initial image upload but work offline afterwards? Or do they need internet access all the time?

I also find it interesting that there's QR code CIQ apps which accept a "QR code as string" in the settings (meaning you have to use some other website to scan the QR code and get a string of numbers and letters to enter in your settings). Hypothetically these apps could work offline, but it seems they use a web service to actually draw the QR code.

Would it be acceptable to either have:

1) An app that only needs internet for the initial image upload (I can't believe this doesn't exist already)

or

2) An app that's completely offline - it takes a "QR code as string", but you have to convert it yourself (which could still be a privacy risk bc you'd probably use an online service to do this)

I don't see any good ways to do this which preserve your privacy 100% unless you write your own app which displays the image of your choice. (Which is what I did -- the code was super simple, and the trickiest part was resizing the image so it would fit perfectly on my watch's screen.)

• Can anyone answer my question about how you would expect this to work in practice?

Like I said, it isn't really possible to do this unless:

1) You have an initial internet connection to upload the QR code (although it could work offline after that). Of course there are privacy implications here.

OR

2) You input the QR code as a text string in the settings (but that's not user friendly, and the process of getting the text string could compromise your privacy)

OR

3) You write your own app and include the QR code yourself. (This is the most private of way of doing things, but obviously not for everyone.)

• Good News:
    The Widget QR code works at the moment. It seems it have been revised and now also works offline. Of course you have to be online for the initial image generation. But after that not anymore.

Unfortunately, the image does not use the already small area of the small screen optimally. But at least it works.