Connect IQ integration for Freestyle Libre 2 CGM

Any chance of a Connect IQ app to see data from a Freestyle Libre 2 CGM in Garmin? One has just been released for Dexcom and I know there are some other ways of getting the Libre 2 data into Garmin (i.e. patched apps etc), but having an integration with Garmin would be really helpful!

• Hello, I am also interested in an app for freestyle like the one dexcom has

• I am also interested in this feature, even if not a direct NFC read, maybe just a sharing of data points between the smart phone apps (1.e.: Garmin Connect LibreLink or Libre2 app, possibly even through MyFitnessPal and/or Strava), but definitely a widget for the watch face (possibly even a monochromatic widget for some of the lower end watches like the Instinct series).

• Definitely interested. Hopefully this isn't a dexcom/garmin exclusive partnership! And someone can work around to make an like this happen! There's just too many folks with diabetes that need this type of technology to ease our minds and make exercising and healthy lifestyles as safe and full as they can be.

• I hope soon I can transfer the info from Libre 2 to Garmin Pray tone2

• Also very interested in this feature. Hope the developers will add this function. It would be nice to see your glucose level on your Garmin watch.

• Dexom probably sends data to any server  and it's possible to fetch this data to watch directly from server (not from sensor).

So, does Freestyle sensor send data to any server (using e.g. app on phone) or it's only direct communication between sensor and phone app which shows data from sensor?

• To the best of my knowledge, Abbott (owner of Freestyle Libre) do not connect to a database.  All communications from reader (standalone or cell phone app) occurrs via direct network connection (WiFi or cellular).  Abbott also maintains a very small list of apps that are available to connect to the reader (seems to be an extremely proprietary message format that they use).  Abbott oens/makes all "compatible" programs and does not allow the reader to select anything not on this list.

Sensor to reader communications occurs via either NFC or Bluetooth (latter primarily for alarms).

• If there is no server it means it's only direct communication between reader and phone/app. But I've found LibreView (probably paid subscription) - it's server so probably app on phone sends data and there API to fetch it.

There are 2 problems with direct communication

- I think is only by NFC (you have to "touch" reader with phone with NFC) - but 3rd part developer can't access NFC on watch

- it's probably possible to write companion app on phone but probably NFC communication is encrypted and Abbott gives info how to decrypt it only for "big" e.g. Garmin.

So only solution for 3rd part developer is to fetching data from LibreView.

• Libre view is also owned and maintained by Abbott, they do not publish any external API, nor do they allow third party devices to link to thier readers.  As I mentioned the Libre View app is one of only 2 apps that can link to the base reader/phone app, and the other is called Libre LinkUp.  View is designed for medical professionals, while LinkUp is designed for family members and caregivers.  

I have found that while the main Libre app will not send sugar readings to a Garmin, the LinkUp app will send these values to the Garmin devices.  However, I should also state that while the number is readable, the trend arrow is unknown to the Garmin OS.

• Can you say you can see number in Mobile Connect or device?